Registry FJ45 Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rarest version of a 45. Very cool! I dig the tasteful mods. 5.3 or 6.0? What trans did you end up using?
Hey Chris it’s a crate 6.2 LS3 with H55/ splitcase behind it. I think you saw it at the shop when you dropped off your 45.

I started a build thread on it but sadly never finished it. It’s been with the owner Rich for about a year half now. He drives it daily and all over.

Last edited:
Very nice! Is this new to you or did you do all the conversion work on the truck? Congrats!
Ha! I wish I had the talent to do this work. All of this work was done by JP Virgo (Clemson Cruiser) at Preservation Land Cruisers. It was a departure from his exceptional concours work, but it is a daily driver and summer beach truck and was designed and built for those purposes. When I pass someone doing 90 mph on the highway, I get some very curious looks. Thank you JP for building this rig!

FJ45 2.jpg

FJ45 4.jpg

FJ45 8.jpg

FJ45 7.jpg

Awesome rig, I remember that build. JP is a master.

But I’m curious about that interior rearview mirror JP @ClemsonCruiser .

Awesome rig, I remember that build. JP is a master.

But I’m curious about that interior rearview mirror JP @ClemsonCruiser .
Hey Paul. Thanks for the kind words 😎

That’s a factory mirror but the windshield frame itself is from a ‘67. We swapped to the later windshield because Rich wanted to easily be able to fold down the windshield as he does a bunch of beach driving. The ‘65 has those defrosts vent that go through the windshield frame into the dash making it a PITA to fold down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom