What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not for an 80-series but it is an 80-series engine. 1HDFT goodness! 🥰

E6335A79-1C9A-4586-9CAB-450795000BF1.jpeg
56440C83-1970-471E-8887-AE4434CED615.jpeg
08E921AE-E566-4A7A-80FF-3FFA63DAFA06.jpeg
2F58E680-33B1-482B-9467-E6FD44272F6C.jpeg
6939AD52-68A8-4C22-B9AD-E41DED0686D7.jpeg

Cheers

@LockedCollector great looking 80, along the same lines as mine but yours is prettier :)

Our 80 continues to meet or exceed expectations after about 80k of miles with me driving and over 300k total miles. It just added a few k more miles while pulling the camper from E TN to Key West and back without complaint. FL is pretty ideal for towing with an 80, barely a hill once you drop off the fall line in GA :)

80-florida-camping.jpg

@LockedCollector great looking 80, along the same lines as mine but yours is prettier :)

Our 80 continues to meet or exceed expectations after about 80k of miles with me driving and over 300k total miles. It just added a few k more miles while pulling the camper from E TN to Key West and back without complaint. FL is pretty ideal for towing with an 80, barely a hill once you drop off the fall line in GA :)

Nice! The PUP is the reason I re-geared to 4.88s after running 295s. Made a big difference.

IMG_0832.jpeg

Random question someone may know the answer to. I'm debating fabbing a plate to rotate my MAF 180* from stock. With the WE turbo kit the plug ends up sandwiched between the two air pipes, and caused my wires to break their shielding.
I'm curious if rotating it will have a negative effect. The center location wouldnt be different, but would be essentially, upside down.

I relocated my MAF to a whole new location with my DIY turbo kit and had no adverse effects. I moved it about a foot forward and towards the passenger side and turned it upside down to make a straighter shot for the wires. Obviously I had to extend the wires to make this location work, but the MAF itself functioned normally.

20160814_131230-jpg.1306405

Was able to sneak into the garage for an hour on Saturday and replaced the gutter mounts on my Prinsu rack with the updated brackets. I never had an issue with the original brackets but this new design is definitely MUCH better.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I also swapped out my taillights for some cheapo LED ones. I wrapped up my OEM taillights and put them on the shelf since they're in good shape. I won't feel bad if I smack these cheap ones on the trail.

Now back to the big headache that's inside the garage hiding behind the 80. I'm gonna need to enlist some MUD help to get that thing finished up.
Adam, your truck is awesome! Are the blinker/backup lights in those taillights also LED? And if so, mind sending a link to where you got them? Thx

Before and after. Goodbye VSV...
VSV 1.jpeg

VSV 2.jpeg

The charcoal canister is out.
What do to with all that space?
(Yes, of course a fuse box will be installed there
😉
).
VSV 3.jpeg

After a couple of trips up the Vic High Country camping (1 x 3 night and 1 x 4 night). Was planning on a night here a night there but found some really nice spots so just settled in at those and weather perfect and just a handful of people about who were all great. Rivers crystal clear and great for swimming

I changed the Engine Oil & Filter, new spark plugs, cleaned the Air filter and flushed all the brake fluid for new
Everything else checks out good however may drain & refill the transmission fluid as well.

Wish I was still up there camping but back to work Monday :(

Next trip in a few weeks :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom