The Toyota Switch Thread (80 Series) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I actually got this out of an old Izuzu Trooper. Same size as ours and closely resembles the one on the first page of this thread. Has momentary action as well.

image.jpeg

Just got our 80 last month. We're adding lights and need switches. Surprised there's so few choices for 80 switches. I've searched and read numerous threads here.
Prefer push button. CH4x4 rockers won't work because we have wood trim so too thick.

Read thread where FloridaFJ80 was selling the CH4x4 rocker and push buttons.
He said push works for 80,(see post #12), but when I looked at CH4x4 website it says no.
Toyota Dash Rocker and Push Switches

Anybody know for sure?

And we don't have access or ability to get stuff at boneyards....live in a super small town, so internet is my best friend on this.
Thx!

That is correct. See attached file for dimensions. What is the source for the switch you posted?

Attachments

• LC80 Switch.pdf
    408.9 KB · Views: 419
That is correct. See attached file for dimensions. What is the source for the switch you posted?

Fleabay! I bought it last night as it was such a good deal and included the pigtail.

Thanks for the info! I have some JDM lc switches I'll eventually post up too.

How about a clutch start cancel switch for an 80 series, anyone seen one that fits the factory dash blank?

Although they aren't sexy new switches, I found a number of people selling 3 packs of RAV4 switches on eBay. (Hazard, ECT, rear defrost) I wanted a hazard switch to use as a center diff switch when I do the "pin 7" mod. I figured I'd use the other two as light switches. I found the wiring for the defrost switch in this thread. Help wire factory defrost switch to fog lights... I didn't find a similar diagram for the ECT switch. While hunting for the ECT pin-out, I did find a post mentioning a Toyota fog light switch. Toyota OEM Fog Light Switch

Always thought it would be cool to have a digital thermometer and voltmeter fit the rectangular switch blanks. I'm not aware of any that do but this could be neat.

upload_2018-8-29_18-35-28.jpeg

upload_2018-8-29_18-35-54.jpeg

I've installed these in my dash blanks and they install without any fuss in the factory hole and fit perfectly. Nice to have a convenient USB and outdoor temp gauge. The have some modules for bluetooth pairing, and voltage monitoring that use the same form factor.

You can order direct http://www.kussmaul.com/engine-vehicle accessories index.html

Last edited:
Any oNe that I can use for dual light. Lateral camping lights and rear lights. That I can use independent or together. I have only one more slot. So I want a dual switch......any ideas. Thanks.

Picked up a few at the scrap yard this weekend:

• Oak, leather textured switch blanks from a 3rd gen 4runner (texture runs vertical, good match for center console, can also be found in grey)
  • Oak, leather textured switch blanks from a 1st gen tundra (texture runs horizontal, looks out of place on center console)
  • Vertical Oriented OEM Security indicator from a 95 Camry (LC security switch is horizonal)
  • Up/Down Rear Window switch from 3rd Gen 4runner
  • On/Off Rear Window Heater switch with orange indicator light from a 3rd gen 4runner
  • On/Off switch labeled "ECT" from a 3rd gen 4runner (no indicator light)
  • Hi/Low rear heater switch from a 3rd gen 4runner (no indicator light)

The great thing about these 4runners is that they are EVERYWHERE in scrap yards. Also, you can easily access some oem green bulbs that are behind the climate controls if you need one for the D light on your gauge cluster.

Last edited:
I'll start the thread with an interesting switch I just picked up. This was originally in an Lexus LS400 and with my love of Snow, I had to have it. Not sure of part number on this one.
View attachment 482204

for this switch, do you know if both buttons stay depressed when pushed? do they illuminate with the dash lights and also when depressed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom