TheGrrrrr's 1994 80 Series Build Thread - "The Notorious B.G.E." (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thinking about selling my Avid Cruisers rear bumper and ARB front bumper. Probably going to freshen it up with the Higgy’s bumpers if I can get these ones sold. PM me if interested. I’d like to get $2500 for the pair.

Picked this up from the store a couple weeks ago and liked the look. Higgy’s front bumper is kinda similar so I’m digging it. I do really like the classic look of a patina’d ARB on an 80 though and hope I won’t miss it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
385,000 Mile Update; 7500 miles on the Engine

The rebuilt VAF (by Bavarian Restoration) is installed and the truck is running very smooth. The EGR has also been "Temp sensor test kit" fitted with the offering from HuddExpo (1993-1994 FJ80 EGR Temp Sensor Test Plug Kit - https://huddexpo.com/1993-1994-fj80-egr-temp-sensor-test-plug-kit/). All battery and ground cables, fusible links and whatnot have been replaced with new. Some combination of these things seem to have solved the Code 25/26 issue.

A major sunroof leak was solved by @Cruiserhiggs and team without dropping the headliner, which was a massive relief. I hadn't realized how much worse the '94 headliner was to remove and install than the later years. Anyway, it seems like its solved.

Replaced pads and rotors with Power Stop Z36 and rebuilt parking brake mechanism. No more shudder under high speed braking. Brake pedal does seem a bit soft and standing on it from 15 mph produces a controlled stop not exactly an abrupt on-a-dime stop that I was expecting. Maybe some more break-in is needed. They were bedded on install and feel great around town.

Overall the truck feels more dialed-in than any 30 year old vehicle has any right to be. Its a delight on and off-road. Only real area of additional focus is possibly moving to 1" spacers to help clear the chunky Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T tread on full flex.

Going to try some HercUliner restorer to see if I can bring out the color of the Raptor Liner where it has faded somewhat on the hood. This is what I'm trying, but open to suggestions. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BX1VDR7P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Leaving for Cruise Moab on Wednesday morning and pretty excited to get this rig out in the rocks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom