Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit for a '69 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been trying to get my pig roadworthy but everything has seemed to be one step forward, two steps back. Last week I finally finished tweaking the brakes, hopped in, tested, and then went to town to gas it up. On the way back at the bottom of my street, she died. Towed her back home, took a look and found I had no fuel delivery. Replaced the inline filter under glass but still not getting anything to that point.

Is there a rebuild kit for the fuel pump available anywhere these days? I've ordered twice online and 2 days later. Is there a way to check from the tank forward?

A does not equal B. Diagnosis is premature. If you just want to buy a fuel pump, I can sell you one. But I think your diagnosis is premature.

A does not equal B. Diagnosis is premature. If you just want to buy a fuel pump, I can sell you one. But I think your diagnosis is premature.
What possibilities should I be looking at? I suppose I can run a gas line from a gas can to the pump and see if that is indeed the problem. Anything else I should try?

Could be a few things. Sometimes the pickup tubes in be tanks break/rot off. Sometimes a hole in the rubber lines causes the pump to lose its prime. Sometimes it's just the check valves at the top of the pump that get clogged with crap from the tank.

Following Marks advice and realizing that I didn't follow the basic principles in the ART of maintenance: Analyze, Repair, Test, I pulled the line off the carburetor and turned the engine over. I'm definitely getting fuel flow past the filters to the carb but with the line hooked up it's not flowing and filling the filters.

Bad Carb? Any input? Any recommendations on what to try next?

The nice thing about the pre-75 carbs is that you can access the needle and seat mechanism without opening the carb. Just pull the plug out the top, tap the needle with the end of a paper clip, put the plug back in and see what happens. This has worked in the field for me twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom