The Coleman Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rats

I guess I got my leathers just in time!!

Interesting, I ordered 10 leathers a couple months back. I promptly forgot them as they take some time to arrive, at least my previous order did.

I wonder if my order was caught up this? I'll contact him to see what happened.

Yup, I paid, but never received... too bad. Keep us posted.

So what's the next best pump leathers to get if the Turkey source is in limbo?

I'd try these:
COLEMAN LEATHER PUMP CUPS 5 PCS LANTERN STOVE

And interestingly, Coleman collecting in Japan is no joke. They take it very, very, seriously. Many rare, or really good condition items on Ebay, end up sold to one of the collectors in Japan for serious $$. I think that's interesting and cool. Based on that, I'll bet they do a good job with the leathers. Disclaimer: I've not tried them, but would.

I see where you guys are ordering leathers and such from eBay. It also appears that some are back ordered and some are taking forever to ship and receive.
Have you guys ever used www.oldcolemanparts.com ? I have ordered gaskets, leathers, fuel cap repair kits, mantles, etc. I have a Model 237 that I have to buy mantles for there (Peerless, I think). I can't buy the ones that fit it locally. I have had great experience using those guys. The better mantles are also cheaper than I can buy cheap "Coleman" ones locally.

Check them out if you haven't already. they also have vintage replacement parts for many models. it's a great site.

By the way, as awesome as my 237 is, my red 200A is still may all-time favorite.

I see where you guys are ordering leathers and such from eBay. It also appears that some are back ordered and some are taking forever to ship and receive.
Have you guys ever used www.oldcolemanparts.com ? I have ordered gaskets, leathers, fuel cap repair kits, mantles, etc. I have a Model 237 that I have to buy mantles for there (Peerless, I think). I can't buy the ones that fit it locally. I have had great experience using those guys. The better mantles are also cheaper than I can buy cheap "Coleman" ones locally.

Check them out if you haven't already. they also have vintage replacement parts for many models. it's a great site.

By the way, as awesome as my 237 is, my red 200A is still may all-time favorite.
Pics!
and thanks for the link!

Without a doubt, if you can find one or are willing to pay to ship one from eBay, a 426C is the crème de la crème of Coleman liquid fueled stoves.

hit Clist and don't spend more than 25 bucks unless it's a 3 burner.

Have you tried to "recondition" the leather plunger cups? Unless they're broken, I've never needed to buy a new one. I've used olive oil, Vaseline, even neosporin.

:lol:

Have you tried to "recondition" the leather plunger cups? Unless they're broken, I've never needed to buy a new one. I've used olive oil, Vaseline, even neosporin.

You can recondition them, but you need to dismount them, and hammer the molded corner flat. With the ball end of a ballpeen hammer. That works, but the Sefaudi leathers are thicker stock and longer down the bore of the pump. I hope things settle out and we can get more. I'm going to order some Japan ones, and I'll be happy to share with @surfpig who is local to me.

My plunger dries up if I don't keep fuel in it over the winter.

Or I should do more winter camping?!?!

You need to replace the pump leather. It has nothing to do with the fuel in the tank. It shrinks a bit with age and won't seal right especially with the cold. A new leather, will solve this problem.

I use cooking oil since it is usually right next to the stove anyway.
You need to replace the pump leather. It has nothing to do with the fuel in the tank. It shrinks a bit with age and won't seal right especially with the cold. A new leather, will solve this problem.
That is probably the correct way, I usually just rub the oil in and flare it out by hand. Seems to work okay for me.

Yes I was going to replace it and still will. I think it got dried out. But it pumps fine now that fuel has been in it. It sat from Oct to May with no dual in it and it would not pump up at Moab. But left the fuel in it and last month at Coal Mine it worked great.
But I'm going to order new ones before it leaves me lightless?

At one point I just cut a circle of leather and punched a hole in it to replace one of mine. I thoroughly greased it with heavy duty grease. I think that one is in the lantern. You'll need a good sharp pair of scissors, but it can be done. It's not like it will fail if it is a 1/100th of an inch off.

The old Coleman tent and 2-burner stove got a workout in the UP.

DSCF4635.JPG

DSCF4500.JPG

DSCF4437.JPG

nice.

image.jpeg

Picked up a heater and a gallon of fuel from the flee market today. Dated 1970. Have not fired it up yet.

I met a man yesterday in Oak Hills, CA. He is a collector of all sorts of outdoor life stuff and has many, many Coleman products. One is a gas table lamp that dates way back into the early 20 century. Found him on CL for Hesperia, CA. 760 285 9445

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom