The Coleman Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I meant lantern (220k), wow those look really nice Drew. What year did those things came out? I will keep my eye open for one of those lamps.

I've been eyeballin those old skool gas lamps myself. too cool, Drew.

Gratuitous shot...cause I know how much we all like pictures.

Enjoy!

1 - Chimney Rock Breakfast.jpg

Gotta love a Coleman stove and the breakfast is making me hungry! Back ground is OK also...

What is the rule of thumb for typical Coleman fuel lifespan (stored in the stove/lantern)?

What is the rule of thumb for typical Coleman fuel lifespan (stored in the stove/lantern)?
I have used fuel that was at least 5 years old. I also use some that a guy gave me at a garage sale when I bought his old stove, no idea how old it was but it worked. The caveat to this is I live in the desert, YMMV in more humid climes.

I've used 20+ yo Coleman fuel from a part can and it worked fine. I know it was at least that old because of the name on the price sticker.

Had a problem with my stove not building pressure with the pump at GSMTR this year. Felt like the leather wasn't sealing. A friend we were camping with showed me how to pull the pump out of the tank and confirmed the diagnosis. He said that in a pinch you can lube it up with some sort of oil and get by for the weekend. Not wanting to pull out a jug of oil, I used a few drips of oil off of my dipstick, rubbed it into the leather and it was fixed!!

Awesome bush fix to make up for a lack of maintenance :hillbilly:

Bought!! Thanks Drew!! 5 cups should be enough, one for each of my lanterns and one for my each of my stoves :D

Thanks, I will give my fuel a try, I think it is only 3-4 years old. I guess I need to go camping more!

your gas is fine; mine new stuff has got to be older than that....hoping to be using more of it, faster...

Had a problem with my stove not building pressure with the pump at GSMTR this year. Felt like the leather wasn't sealing. A friend we were camping with showed me how to pull the pump out of the tank and confirmed the diagnosis. He said that in a pinch you can lube it up with some sort of oil and get by for the weekend. Not wanting to pull out a jug of oil, I used a few drips of oil off of my dipstick, rubbed it into the leather and it was fixed!!

Awesome bush fix to make up for a lack of maintenance :hillbilly:
I generally have cooking oil handy, it works fine.

So when you get a new pump leather, get one from Sefaudi on ebay. His are far better than Coleman ones and will last the rest of your life.

5 COLEMAN LANTERN & STOVE PUMP CUP LEATHER WASHER

Thanks picked up a 5 pack, one day got a notice from the PO that I had registered mail ready to pick up, scratched my head all the way there trying to figure out what the heck it was, then they hand me a package from Turkey and the light bulb in my head went off!

It took almost 2 months for mine to show up.

Is that off a 425? You really should keep it. But I'll take it if you really want to get rid of it.

Not sure what it came off of , ill check in the morning. Is it worth something or rather you think ill get into the coleman restoration thing eventually?!!

I think you'll want to use white gas eventually since it works better than propane. To do that, you'l need the fuel tank.

Remember that tank will hold the equivalent in heat of like 5 propane bottles. So it's far more space efficient and no disposal problem either.

Most Colman stoves don't even need to be restored. Just used, and a few parts replaced. Like your Land Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom