The Coleman Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20160819_161849.jpg
20160819_161859.jpg

So it's a surprising amount of work to strip and repaint a stove case, but the Rustoleum Hunter Green is a pretty good match.

Interestingly, the Coleman paint it pretty hard, and any spray bomb paint will not hold up as well.

I think you should paint it the color of your truck.

Lol, it's stripped...

then you're done. Just blast it w/a coat of clear and wet sand it...

I wonder how automotive paint, made to order in the spray cans, would hold up. I know it dries harder than the rustolem stuff. My Napa can mix up any code of paint in about 10 minutes.

Depends on the grade of paint you buy, the condition of the surface you apply it to, and the atmospheric conditions when you paint it and during the drying time. I don't know about the napa paints, but the place where I bought my fenders from would fill those custom spray cans with almost any of the automotive paints they sold.

My local Coleman parts supplier has the OE Coleman leathers (part# 216-5091) for a couple bucks each. Any reason to hold out for the Japan or Sefaudi?

got the plunger soaking in oil. the 413 that came with it has considerably more miles of usage on it. the plunger has a rubber on it and there are no date stamps on the tank tabs..it's a 413F...pics to follow...

I think I'm going to go for one of these next...not that I'd ever have a need for one...
s-l1600.jpg

Thought I would share my Lantern connection with you guys, Steve does a great job and is dirt cheap I think.
Coleman lanterns

I think I'm going to go for one of these next...not that I'd ever have a need for one...
s-l1600.jpg

I don't know... it would be nice to be able to iron your clothes on the trail.

heck I don't iron my-clothes?

Thought I would share my Lantern connection with you guys, Steve does a great job and is dirt cheap I think.
Coleman lanterns

I think there is one like in the first pic of your link in my old mans garage still. The MilSPec lantern...The old guy just told me yesterday that I should go thru the garage and get any tools I might use. He's been holding onto my grandpas old tools for 2 decades now. I hope to put many of them to good use after their long break. I've been holding off to get alot of these cause the new stuff is just ju nk...as hard as getting old can be, it does has its perks.

My guess would be yes...the pros will be along shortly, I'm sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom