craigslist 1976 FJ55 - Mohave CO (AZ?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Market value between 40 and 50k"??
WTF? Who comes up with this? Did a pig one time sell for 40k and now suddenly the "market value" is 40-50k? Ridonkulous!

Now, this is nicer than anything I'll ever own, but has a pig ever sold for 50k?? Seriously, what the most highest price pig you've ever seen at a confirmed price??? I'd like to know.

Sent from my iPhone

I am finding about 5 or 6 :pig: a week - primarily on Craigslist & eBay - and I am not posting the "parts" trucks that I find (it's sad to see them end that way:(). I have been doing some research into how "rare" the 55s really are and what they are listed for out in the market. I will post my conclusions after I have been at this for long enough to have some.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks for posting these links. In a few years it will be nice to look back and what pigs WERE selling for. (or at least what folks were asking)

Since the Craigslist link will be inactive eventially, we should the "document" the listing with a couple of the pics and the sellers descriptions.

From the listing:
1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55 All original. One owner. Factory 6 cylinder engine, 4X4, AC, New tires and paint. Interior very good. Market value is between 40k to $50k. Must see. Very few are for sale in USA. 4 speed trans. New clutch. Only 108,000 miles.

6521.png

Seriously, what the most highest price pig you've ever seen at a confirmed price??? I'd like to know.

Sent from my iPhone

I'd like to know also. This one just sold for $23k.

From the listing:

FJ - 55 Toyota Land Cruiser, Sliver, Fully restored in and out, All original, Excellent condition with added power steering, new carburetor and new tires.
Needs seat belts

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The Craigslist listings do get deleted when the truck sells or the listing expires, so I am saving copies of the Craigslist listings. The other problem is that I can track what the 55s are listed for, but I cannot determine if the selling price is different.

The Craigslist listings do get deleted when the truck sells or the listing expires, so I am saving copies of the Craigslist listings. The other problem is that I can track what the 55s are listed for, but I cannot determine if the selling price is different.
Yup. The only way to do that would be to contact the seller, tell them about you tracking project, and see if they would be willing to disclose sale price. That almost sounds like work though......

I remember the story of this one too. One owner in Lake Havasau City, AZ. Husband passed away and someone was selling it for the family. This has been for sale for 6-8 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom