What is this empty space used for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A co-worker picked up a clean '04 GX470 a few months ago and while I was doing an MIL diag, I noticed this empty space next to the 2nd gear start button :hmm:

whatisthisLexusGX470.jpg

What option is this used for?

Trailer brake controller?

Sorry to get off topic, but is the "2nd gear start" littlerly kinda bypass 1st when taking off from a stop or something else. I'm not fluent in new cruiser.

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

2nd start does just that. Starts in second. Good when you have very little traction (need wheel spin for mud, etc) or if you are offroad and driving faster than a crawl and don't want to jerk between 1st and 2nd as you gain speed.

IIRC, that is where the Rear diff lock selector is located on the, Land Cruiser Prado.

IIRC, that is where the Rear diff lock selector is located on the, Land Cruiser Prado.

Looks to be about the right size for a diff lock selector.

works for me! :)

I put my switch to my led bar there

I wired my light bar into the factory fogs and added the Toyota fog switch to the blank on the left for the new fogs in my iron man bumper.

A non-US elocker diff rear with factory switch sounds REALLY good to me....hmmm.

Its definitely the spot for the diff lock switch in the 80 series. Does anyone make a blank that fits on there so you can add to more switches? I'm fighting for spaces to put a AUX light switch.

Its definitely the spot for the diff lock switch in the 80 series. Does anyone make a blank that fits on there so you can add to more switches? I'm fighting for spaces to put a AUX light switch.
The 80 series has the diff lock switch to the left of the steering wheel (at least on LHD models).

Ahh, yeah. The size looks right.

yup, I thought the same when I bought my GX, when it gets lockers I'll be using the same switch as in my 80...

nothing cleaner than oem

8DsVAo1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom