JC Higgins Trailer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C6H12O6

SILVER Star
Threads
Anybody ever heard of these? A guy in my neighborhood has one for sale that is a great size and layout for a utility/trail trailer, but I don't know much about them. I'll try to get over there and snap some pics, but it doesn't appear to have much of a frame or really beefy suspension.

but it doesn't appear to have much of a frame or really beefy suspension.

These might be a problem depending on what kind of trail use you are thinking of using it on. Post up some pics, sounds like it could be a good start.

Drew

Yeah, obviously an issue if I'm planning on offroad use, but might be easily remedied or the tub transferred to another frame. I'll have to get the camera and head back over there.

Thanks,
Steve

A lot of stuff was sold under the JC Higgins name. One of my first shotguns was a JC Higgins 12ga pump with a "Dial-A-Duck" choke on it.

That 1946 tent trailer looks exactly like it, sans tent. It may very well be an old tent trailer that has been gutted. The guy dropped the price to $500. I'll keep watching to see what the price does. If it sits there for another few months, he might take a song for it.

Thanks

I recently bought a 1946 JC Higgins Pop-up. The canvas has been replaced and if you are not careful folding it back up you can tear the corners. They were indeed torn. Easy fix! Bought a yard of canvas and a product on-line that is a mixture of a few secret components. I cant seem to remember the name of it. the trailer is made of surplus aluminum left over from the war. It is in great condition! It has two layers, blue on the bottom and red on top. The door is in the back with an aluminum ladder that folds down. One bed has been widened eight inches. the other is stock. Basically, two queen size beds! I am air tool DA sanding off the old paint, may have lead in it. The pic on this thread is not like my JC Higgins. Their were 2 owners before myself and by pure coincedance met the owner that owned it before the guy I bought it from. I have new tires, forgot the size but it will go anywhere an adventurer will go as I pull it with a 1973 FJ-40 with a 350 TBI ARB's front and back. Power steering and a 700R4. Painting both dull tan to start out. I can go allot of camo directions with this base.
higgins tent trailer 005.jpg
higgins tent trailer 007.jpg
higgins tent trailer 018.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom