Harbor Freight 4x8 Trailer Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this little trailer all of the way back in 2015 to pull behind the Subaru Forester I had at that time. It was $250 from Harbor Freight and I spent around $250 more to put 3/4" plywood beds and sides on it. Since then we've made hundreds of trips to the city yard waste disposal area (leaves and limbs), trips home with appliances, trips hauling tools for other projects, and many other little trips with this trailer. However, using it for yard waste meant that sometimes it would sit outside for a month plus with leaves/yard debris in it. Needless to say, over the past 8+ years it slowly rotted out (and treated lumber kind of sucks these days).
12091324_894598890703_6373579102037575391_o.jpg

The current state is below. I ordered just shy of $400 in steel today to re-do the deck with diamond plate and re-make the sides using an angle iron frame and plywood. I could have bought a new trailer ($2K), but I really like the size of this one as it's super easy to move around by hand. Also, with the solid sides and bottom, I've successfully hauled thousands of dollars of tools inside the trailer in the rain and kept them dry by putting a tarp over the top of the trailer and holding it down with roofing nails.
20240129_125039.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom