What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (103 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg

Built some reinforcement for my rear lower control arms out of some 2" channel.
IMG_20160522_110201.jpg
IMG_20160522_110230.jpg
IMG_20160522_110223.jpg

I'm still waiting on my 4x4 Labs rear bumper, looking forward to putting that on (I got it built, not a welder so lower class citizen on here).

My Magnaflow 23120 and 23622 parts came in so I removed the manifold and two cats. I hit it with Kano Aerokroil twice in the last couple weeks but still expected the worst, this is a 20 year old truck from Wisconsin and has 235K miles. I was able to get the parts off with no air tools and no breakage, kind of surprised to be honest. Makes me thing someone has worked on it before, but parts did look original. Haven't put new parts on yet (included two new oxygen sensors) but should go well.

I also ordered a new double din stereo so I can stream bluetooth music, tired of the old iPod Nano and tape player input. Ordered a sub as well.

You know, it's crazy that I am typing this. I got this truck 2 years ago as a second vehicle to make Home Depot runs and maybe go off road lightly. I found it super cheap and swore I would put nothing into it, it was just a second vehicle and should be rough since I wouldn't drive much. However, I ended up really really liking it, drive it to work once or twice a week, drive it on weekends, and now I am dumping money into it even though I swore I wouldn't. I blame Toyota for making a great vehicle, and IH8MUD for every suggestion possible under the sun.

Of course not! s***zone is not smart enough to carry current products! Plus their customer base calls for lawn mower parts and stuff for the 22rs and ford and Chevy pickups

Please no jeep bashing!! Going to be my next purchase

I'm tired of working on my 80!

View attachment 1262542 View attachment 1262543 View attachment 1262544

I finally got around to making a storage system for the cruiser.... while I won't call it an expo rig all that much it is nice to have when I do want to expo it up

some 3/4" plywood, a single 2x2, some wood screws, wood glue a bunch of beer and creative thinking as I'm building I have a shell and a fridge slide

the idea is the back storage is going to be my dry storage with a piano hinge, the smaller front drawer is going to be my tool drawer, I'm going to see about sourcing some foam to cut out and drop tools in. The larger drawer will depend on the wheeling trip, camping drawer of spare parts and fluids hahahah, I have to right side still available to store parts, slings and so on

Please no jeep bashing!! Going to be my next purchase
I'm tired of working on my 80!
Of course, Im thinking you are not going to work on your jeep, right?
$40,000 for the JKU then another $40,000 to get it up to speed with an 80 that has about say $20,000 invested.
You will be working on a jeep much more often...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom