What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (90 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lil roadtrip with concretejungle.

Palo duro canyon, North rim Grand Canyon, Hole in the rock, lake canyon, the trail not to be named, poison spider, hells revenge, fins n things, arches N.P., elephant hill and beef basin ..... It was a long weekend :)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Lil roadtrip with concretejungle.

Palo duro canyon, North rim Grand Canyon, Hole in the rock, lake canyon, rincon, poison spider, hells revenge, fins n things, arches N.P., elephant hill and beef basin ..... It was a long weekend :)
View attachment 1262560
Wow, sounds like a great weekend...
How many miles you have on that rig?
This is your original 80 isn't it?

We went to Overland Expo. We ended up camping off site in the tree line. I think we fared better than some of those that stayed on the lake bed. It was our first time at Expo. It was also my first outing with this trailer, and it was also my wife's first time sleeping in the roof top tent. Other than the stupendous wind gusts, she actually enjoyed my set up. I have a few bugs to workout and change, but all in all it went well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Fresh coat of wax with my helper earlier tonight. too bad it summoned the rain gods and we'll see rain all week. It's really quite amazing at how well this paint buffs to a shine even after several trips off-road and being 19 years old.

View attachment 1262511

View attachment 1262512

View attachment 1262513

Mine still buffs out great and I have been wheeling it many times per year since 1997. Of course, upon closer examination you can clearly see the permanent brush lines but it looks great from a distance!

Of course, Im thinking you are not going to work on your jeep, right?
$40,000 for the JKU then another $40,000 to get it up to speed with an 80 that has about say $20,000 invested.
You will be working on a jeep much more often...

20k??? Try more like $120+k with my other 80s

As far as the jeep is concerned....40k+ another 60k should get me a capable jeep I don't have to wrench on for the next 5+ years

Wow, sounds like a great weekend...
How many miles you have on that rig?
This is your original 80 isn't it?

One and only 80 I've had. 292389 and counting as I set up camp in slick rock campground. We are about 3100 miles into the trip and a still afew thousand from home.

20k??? Try more like $120+k with my other 80s

As far as the jeep is concerned....40k+ another 60k should get me a capable jeep I don't have to wrench on for the next 5+ years
120K Geez, well they don't call an addiction for no reason.
100K for one jeep, Got to Luv it!!!
Are you tired of working on your rig or everyone else's rigs?

Received my Rocky Road Outfitters sliders last week. Installed them on Saturday. They fit perfect, my only wish is that they were a bit more of a step slider. Otherwise the install was a breeze for me. I used a floor jack and two logs, that was easy!

I'm headed to Moab in June, it's probably going to be hot then but am looking forward to the experience.

Received my Rocky Road Outfitters sliders last week. Installed them on Saturday. They fit perfect, my only wish is that they were a bit more of a step slider. Otherwise the install was a breeze for me. I used a floor jack and two logs, that was easy!
I'm headed to Moab in June, it's probably going to be hot then but am looking forward to the experience.
Its cool to see you post.
How's the after head gasket rebuild life?
I don't remember seeing any pics of your rig & what you have done to it.
Post em up will you?

@McDowra You got a link to a write up on this job? I didn't really even know there were filters there...

@McDowra You got a link to a write up on this job? I didn't really even know there were filters there...

There aren't filters there - at least not from the factory. I am curious to know what was done though, as cabin air filters should have been included by Mr. T. I'm guessing just a filter media of sorts stuck under the factory plastic grilles?

Where's your Prinsu spoiler? It will deflect all the air up over your tent and keep 90% of the bugs from embedding themselves into your cover.

Finished my RTT mount job

Now to remove I just pull 4 bolts, and lift off. Should be very simple.

13120784_10154209543979571_682932455_o.jpg

13113045_10154209543919571_769154405_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom