New custom rear lca's! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to make my rear lca's a little flatter, and I was tired of hearing the creaking heims! Here's pics

image-3563397876.jpg

image-3760461294.jpg

image-2383190429.jpg

image-1182773152.jpg

image-1569254114.jpg

image-2320901095.jpg

image-1677829202.jpg

image-1687399177.jpg

Major axle wrap.

What axle wrap?

Exactly.. That's why I had no idea what they were talking about, I added another 1.5" of separation because of the 40's

Its not TOYOTA your going to HELL!!! HAHA looks awesome!

Looks awesome!! IMHO:cheers:

Looks great to me, I don't understand how these would attribute to axle wrap either...

The pivot points on the axle seem to be too much forward and not low enough. That means that the axle might rotate under acceleration or braking. That will put too much strain on the driveshaft and cause trouble. If you look at the truck sideways (passenger side) you will see the problem:

In stock form, the upper control arms are located somewhere around 10-11 o'clock and the lower ones around 5 o'clock. Acceleration and braking forces the axle to rotate but such a position of the control arms prevents it. The control arms are forced to move back and forth, just as it should be.

If you move the lower control arms closer to 3 o'clock there is no longer back-forth force working on them while accelerating/braking, but up-down. Take a clock off your wall and rotate it like a steering wheel and you will see that hours 3 and 9 go up-down.

So if your control arms are too close to 3 o'clock you might be in trouble, especially under suspension compression, when the pivot point might move closer to 2 o'clock.

Sorry, I can't write it down any clearer.

Last edited:
If I had to guess he has about 8" (yeah I'm just eyeballing the picture here) of separation which should be enough. Even if it were less the only axle wrap would be from the bushings deflecting. What it would really effect are his mounts, that's a lot of leverage. The more separation the less leverage on the mounts. His mounts look beefy regardless.

the brackets on the axle are set up from the factory to make sure the axle does not rotate under load. You've moved the lower point to almost being centered to the axle or at least it looks that way to me.

To check out the stability of this setup just back up into a stationary object where the tire comes into contact with it.

the brackets on the axle are set up from the factory to make sure the axle does not rotate under load. You've moved the lower point to almost being centered to the axle or at least it looks that way to me.

To check out the stability of this setup just back up into a stationary object where the tire comes into contact with it.

I just dido had my buddy give it some hard throttle while I watched, zero movement. I also had him power brake it in foreward and reverse and still no movement sooooo?

Na sorry. Like what's been said. Solong as the seperation is correct for tyre size, there is no problem. Raising the lower link a tiny bit (like what has been done) is fine solong as he doesn't raise it higher than the dissection of the axle centre. It makes absolute no difference solong as the axle centre is in line with or between the upper or lower links. Going to 40's though, the seperation will need to be adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom