Stolen from ROBRED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you have never seen this guys website/forum and you have a 100 series, you are missing out. And if you have ever done any work on a website, you would know how much time he puts into it. http://forum.tlcfaq.com//index.php
I would like to thank him very much. So I stole one of his ideas. See, I am a nice guy.
_DSC0041.jpg

I really liked the idea of putting the scangauge up in the overhead consol. But I had to put my spin on the install. For me it turned out perfect except I were F:censor:g bi-focal lenses! But to be able to keep tabs on everything makes it well worth it. The codes to add the trans temp are also on his website.
_DSC0040.jpg

This was so simple, I used the existing bracket that was inside the panel to hold the gauge.

Next I am going to copy the way he set up his ARB controls using the 80 series switch. Of coarse with my little spin on things.

Thanks dude. Keep up the great work and I hope to run into you some day.

Jeff

I like his site too. I just discovered it. Quick question... does anyone know if the sunglass part where the scangauge was cut into (see op's photo) can be purchased separately from the entire console? i've been looking and i can't find it.

X3. I stumbled onto his site a while back and spent at least an hour there. Many of the projects I would like to tackle are on his site and are expalined very well.

Thanks Rob.

Last edited:
I've always loved his site...very well laid out...

Great site, and superb effort on both content and layout [which is a rare combination].
Kudos to RobRed!

Great site, and superb effort on both content and layout [which is a rare combination].
Kudos to RobRed!

^ this. Very easy to find what you need and without BS. Thanks RobRed

Thanks guys - very nice of you to say. Some inspiration and credit should go to some mud members for some ideas that I implemented writeup wise as well as some members writeups that appeared here as well.

3DFJ the USA 100 didn't have a sunglasses holder... it was a bin with a "button" on it. You stored you garage remote inside and pressed the "button" on the outside to push on the openers actual button. Sort of a poor mans HomeLink :)

I'm not sure the part is is the system anymore

Rob I stole your idea as well. :D didn't know it at the time, but wow it's amazing what a search brings..

I ghettoed it up a little though, didn't use the panel instead just velcro'd it inside that pocket. Then gave myself an extra 3' of cable, so I can pull it down in my lap for easier manipulation/programming, or into my passenger's lap for en route entertainment. :cheers:

Now I just gotta figure out how to program this thing, so I can steal your codes for AT temp.. :)

sg1.JPG

sg2.JPG

thanks! Hey can you (or anyone) tell me what "mode" this is supposed to be in? I can't seem to get past that first Connecting... screen.

You are using to wrong port. That is the outgoing port of the SG. The port on the back is the input.

Still not happening. with the truck started, and my extension cord bypassed, I am getting the same results- even with the port on the back. Though the documentation calls the port on the back the "OBDII Connection Plug," and the one on the side the "Optional OBDII Connection Plug." :confused:

I called Linear Logic, am told that ISO is the correct protocol for Toyota. So in all future endeavors, I'll focus on that one. They also suspect I could have a bad board, and are sending me a replacement... wow that was unexpected. I will post up my results. :beer:

Let me correct a few things here.

The SG can be wired continuously. Once the ignition is on (starting or not) the OBD2 is active and the SG will wake up. The OBD2 port is "hot" all the time for power. It is not necessary to attach the SG after starting the truck. when OBD2 is not sending the SG goes to sleep.

Both ports on the SG do the same thing - they are not "in and out". They are mounting options.

In order to extend the supplied SG cable you need an female:female 8p adapter and a standard CAT5/6 ethernet cable.

With my 80 and my 100, if I connected the SG while the truck was off, it would pull power but would not move past "connecting", since there is no data coming from the port and ECU. Even after starting the truck it wouldn't pick up the data signal. If I connected it after the truck was running, it would cycle on and off just fine. Two different trucks, two different SG units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom