YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm pretty sure I ordered the wrong size key blank (x2) for the LX. Sent an email just now to the address listed on the website but figured I'd post here too.
View attachment 2519820
Looking at the website when I ordered, I thought the long Lexus blank was the same length as my Toyota key and then there was a shorter version. So, I ordered the short. My bad. I didn't go back through this thread to see if I was the only one. I'm sure I am. Most people are way smarter than I.
I just replied to the email, but basically, those are both short keys. The long blades are much longer - about .25". The difference seen there is mostly (maybe entirely) due to the extra "throat" of the YotaMD design. That's a part of the extra strength afforded by the YotaMD design and also helps minimize wiggle in the thinner blades.

Thanks for the quick email response and here too! I'll let you know how it works out but your description made sense.

Site is once again verified secure! SSL certificates are all up to date.

1607483659150.png

As an FYI, Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte will not cut these blanks.

Heads up, doing a new thing this year. Buy a fob kit, feed some people. Hoping we can get a few thousand meals donated. I'll tally it up and announce the total throughout December as we go.

View attachment 2513316
I bought a couple kits on the BF sale, then saw your generous offer so we made a donation to our local food bank. Thanks for helping is all remember how fortunate we are to be in a position to buy toys for our rigs while others don't have enough to eat.

Now my wife and I each have one!

F48DA032-DCD6-4175-920C-AD7D4F058491.jpeg

Now my wife and I each have one!
Nice!

To clarify for anyone curious about the significant color difference:
1609127834838.png

That new Cerakote finish (used since early 2019) should hold for years. Based on the firearms world, I might dare to say decades. It'll chip if beaten, but most customers are seeing little/no wear after the first year or two.

Starting 2021 with our best foot forward. A very heart felt hank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the cause by supporting YotaMD in December. This is enough to feed a family of four, three meals a day. For 2 years. That's awesome!

Thank you @Mauser for the inspiration. Feeding America makes it real easy to donate.

2020 Feeding AMerica Announcement fade.jpg

2020 Feeding America Gift.jpg

I ordered a sniper grey fob this week and it's on its way to me. Excited to check it out, thanks for making these!
BTW, are you an MD, or is the MD for Maryland or something?

I ordered a sniper grey fob this week and it's on its way to me. Excited to check it out, thanks for making these!
BTW, are you an MD, or is the MD for Maryland or something?
Not a doctor, just a plain engineer with a bachelor. The MD is a play on the site webMD. I initially planned for the "brand" to be an in depth technical resource for fixing symptomatic Toyota's, instead of humans, haha.

As it turns out, the traffic needed to make any money with ads is really tough to pull in. It seems I make a better product designer than webmaster/author so the brand name isn't quite as meaningful as I intended. Now I'm just a poser doctorate, haha.

Not a doctor, just a plain engineer with a bachelor. The MD is a play on the site webMD. I initially planned for the "brand" to be an in depth technical resource for fixing symptomatic Toyota's, instead of humans, haha.

As it turns out, the traffic needed to make any money with ads is really tough to pull in. It seems I make a better product designer than webmaster/author so the brand name isn't quite as meaningful as I intended. Now I'm just a poser doctorate, haha.
Gotcha, I like it. I've always wondered as I like it when fellow MDs have other business interests.

Small Update: all nuts are now black stainless steel.

So in summary on the hardware:
Screws and nuts are all stainless (even the black ones)
All screws have a nylon patch to aid in keeping the screws tight.

The nylon patch isn't foolproof, but it helps. Since the screws are so tiny, it's tough for the patch to be applied perfectly to miss the first lead-in thread, but hit the next couple of threads where the nut will reside. Therefore, I will continue offering the purple threadlocker in addition to the nylon patch.

1610903489000.png

Last edited:
Got my sniper grey shell this week and installed it. Super easy. Had to grind a little bit of the base of the key blade (just below the "T" flare) as it was about 1mm too wide to fit in the shell. Overall I love it, thanks for manufacturing these!

Whaaaaaat!
That pink is serious. Think I’ll be ordering one here soon. 👍
(Problem is my key hasn’t broken yet :hillbilly:)
Thanks! The pink is awesome. It's got this metallic pearl sheen to it that makes it look like fancy cake frosting or something. I need to do a video or get my wife to photograph it for "real" and showcase it a bit better.

I just swapped my personal key over to the Battleship Grey. Both these colors are great additions. I'm excited to see how they do this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom