YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh no worries. I like things that Pop, have a bit of flair to em. Ill put an order in tomorrow AM though for sure.
It'll be awhile before I've got a listing for that, but stay tuned here, on my mailing list, or on Instagram and you'll see the announcement!

Listing is live for green and pink pre-order as of 1-26-2021.

Last edited:
The YMD3 in lime green would work on the 18 LC though, correct?
Oh, yes, sorry. Thought your reply was LX, but I see LC now. Not sure what I was thinking. I'll get the Pink Champagne listing up right now.

So im looking at my 18 LC remote....it definitely has 4 buttons. Am i missing something?
Ah, trunk release, I'm guessing?

That's still the YMD3 if the other three buttons are all the same shape, but you'll want the 4 button version for which I need to make a listing and update the design.

Are all 2018 LC 4 button?

Not sure about everyone else, but this is what I have.

20210126_083747.jpg

20210126_083737.jpg

Not sure about everyone else, but this is what I have.

View attachment 2565383

View attachment 2565384
Well this adds a new wrinkle into the product listing compatibility. Damn. I do not have that design in the works yet. That's probably a 2022 release at this point.

The Toyota parts catalog lists three possible remotes for a 2018 LC:

1. YMD3 3 button compatible:
1611669037163.png

2. YMD3 4 button with remote close
1611669053281.png

3. Remote you picture.

The remote that @PhuckItImDone posted pictures of looks identical to the remote for my 2020 LC, so you may be done through the 2021 model year once you support that remote.

The remote that @PhuckItImDone posted is the same through 2021 MY, it's the same FOB they use for the Toyota Venza. Sounds like we will be waiting another year, good thing I picked up some leather covers in the meantime.

Leather covers you say?

Yes, I found a top seller on eBay that was willing to make me what I wanted. If you want them in black instead of the tan just send him a message with your request. I had two in my hands from China in under 10 days for $21.

HdgT6Qi.jpg

VDKQTPQ.jpg

Yes, I found a top seller on eBay that was willing to make me what I wanted. If you want them in black instead of the tan just send him a message with your request. I had two in my hands from China in under 10 days for $21.

HdgT6Qi.jpg

VDKQTPQ.jpg
Make an already massive key even bigger!!!

Or cover it to keep it from getting scratched, dinged, trashed?! This is a much better option than nothing at all. Ideally we will all have one of these slick titanium options here in the next year but until then you can protect what you have for pennies on the dollar. You can already see where @PhuckItImDone key is damaged on the back side.

Or cover it to keep it from getting scratched, dinged, trashed?! This is a much better option than nothing at all. Ideally we will all have one of these slick titanium options here in the next year but until then you can protect what you have for pennies on the dollar. You can already see where @PhuckItImDone key is damaged on the back side.
It's surprising how quickly that transparent plastic wears on the newer LC fobs. For something that's going to get banged around quite a bit you'd think they'd use something harder.

On the YotaMD designs to date, including the YMD3, I do NOT include any buttons. The buttons from the OEM remote are rather durable and are re-used. For the 2018+ fobs, I may need to make buttons and provide them. It would be annoying to have a nice new YotaMD shell and still be staring at the worn and scratched buttons.

It's surprising how quickly that transparent plastic wears on the newer LC fobs. For something that's going to get banged around quite a bit you'd think they'd use something harder.

On the YotaMD designs to date, including the YMD3, I do NOT include any buttons. The buttons from the OEM remote are rather durable and are re-used. For the 2018+ fobs, I may need to make buttons and provide them. It would be annoying to have a nice new YotaMD shell and still be staring at the worn and scratched buttons.

I agree, the buttons for the 2018+ remote will certainly need to be provided in your fob, these OEM remotes are crap all around. It'll make the remote that much more expensive but I will gladly pay more for a more durable option. You can already put me on the list for one of these when they are produced.

I made a new thread regarding these covers to keep from cluttering this thread with another product. Here is the link for those interested.

Last edited:
I agree, the buttons for the 2018+ remote will certainly need to be provided in your fob, these OEM remotes are crap all around. It'll make the remote that much more expensive but I will gladly pay more for a more durable option.
I'll have an in house CNC in the next month or so. Perhaps I can do some snazzy aluminum buttons....

How close to your truck do you hang out? The range on the key is embarrassingly short.
It is crazy how bad the range is. Coming from a 2005 LC which I feel like I could lock/unlock from 500 yards, I am so disappointed in the new LC's range. I struggle getting the remote start going from my front door to my detached garage. Its nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom