Xtreme 4x4 FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did anyone else catch that episode.. I only saw the latter part.. it was a sweet exo cage they put on there that looked like it could work well on a daily driver as well.. please post any info anyone else has on it and the rig...

was that a custom fab'd exocage? anyone got it on tivo by chance?

If you watch closely went the FJ's exocage drags against the tree- the cage flexes and touches the body (or was it the tail light). At least that how it looked from here:rolleyes:

I dig the FJ...and with that said..

That build up was retarded IMO.

It didn't fit...the whole build didn't fit the platform IMO.

The FJ should have been done up like the one that did the Baja (dedication to the build process) but instead..they tried to skirt the thing by making a removable exo?? It didn't work like it should. Who's gonna put an exo on a FJ? Really. If someone really wants to put on on then it shouldn't be removable or better yet..internal cage that would keep the asthetics of the vehicle in tact.

They tried to build a vehicle worth thousands like a trail rig and it didn't work IMO. Beadlocks? Come awn..

I'd like to see them build it in a practical way like most guys that bought a 30K dollar rig would have built it. Expedition style or similiar but to try to make one a RockCrawler missed the mark IMO.

It didn't fit...the whole build didn't fit the platform IMO.

The FJ should have been done up like the one that did the Baja (dedication to the build process) but instead..they tried to skirt the thing by making a removable exo?? It didn't work like it should. Who's gonna put an exo on a FJ? Really. If someone really wants to put on on then it shouldn't be removable or better yet..internal cage that would keep the asthetics of the vehicle in tact.

They tried to build a vehicle worth thousands like a trail rig and it didn't work IMO. Beadlocks? Come awn..

I'd like to see them build it in a practical way like most guys that bought a 30K dollar rig would have built it. Expedition style or similiar but to try to make one a RockCrawler missed the mark IMO.

Ok I see what your saying. It would have been hard to do the internal cage in the 5 mins of build they have. I swear there is more bs than build on that show.

Ok I see what your saying. It would have been hard to do the internal cage in the 5 mins of build they have. I swear there is more bs than build on that show.

Very true...the skipped a ton of good tech. For instance: How did the balance the beadlocks? Simple things like that would have made the build more credible.

Then to have to use a forklift to set the cage on? I dunno..they could have spent time doing:

Onboard Shower
Inverters/Powersources
On Board Welder
Rooftop Tent

Could go on and on....my wife is (fingers crossed) getting a FJ this spring and I dig the vehicles big time for what they are..rockcrawlers they are not.

I think i'm going to get one eventually. Waiting on my tacoma to get a little older and see what they are going to change in the next few years on the fj cruiser.

the exo cage looked bogus imho, and like when it touched the body why make one thats gonna collapse when you tap something. to much chat on that show.

I agree with everything said so far, especially what jutty has said. I am watching the show for the 60 series, and I would argue that the same things are being skipped over on the 60. For example they just bolted together a 203 doubler box and did not show anything about linkages or anything, just zip zip zip on the impact gun. I also saw the exo cage flex pretty bad when Ian rubbed on that tree.

Dylan

I want to know what they ended up with on that 60. This should be a 2 hour program that explains a little more to the average joe.

IMHO i was really starting to like the look of their set up until that exocage, man did that ever look stupid.

At least dedicate one hour to each episode.
I am pretty disapointed on how they worked on the FJ.

That exo cage sucked, and putting the tire on the roof, talk about having to bring a forklift with you on a trailer to off load that 35" tire from up there.

Should have built a custom rear bumper for the rear or gone with that one on the green FJ that was built up by several sponsors, the Ultimate FJ.

I'm a fan of exo cages. Built well, they can accentuate the vehicle's body lines, and be very strong. I also like the fact that they can be used more than once. With an interior cage, it's just in the way until the one time you crash. Then the truck is done.
That said...that cage they built isn't really what I would have done. But then again, it exposed the exo cage to a lot of people that have never seen or heard of one.;)
The spare on the roof is handy...untill you need it.:mad:

Spare on the roof with that insanely high lift was juast silly. The lift isteelf looked completey "stilted" and didn't fit the looks of the truck at all. The exo was unimpressive given it's flexyness.

And what was Ian's excuse for not getting the elockered rear from the factory? I see NO reason to put in an ARB when you can get a factroy built and warranted elocker right off the showroom floor.

While I love seeing more Toyotas on these shows, the builds have to stand up, the FJC's just didn't IMO.

I love the FJ60 the are doing, but agree we need to SEE more.

They referred to the new "fj" a couple times, but one of them actually called it a landcruiser at least once.

Accordingly, they should both be taken out and shot.;)

I don't blame the hosts, they do what they can do. Fact is the show entire PowerBlock is just infomercials. They get what they get, they build it with parts they are paid to use... for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom