www.root45.com is online! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i'm gonna try to dig up all the photographs of LVs i have over the next couple of weeks and will put them in an album. i'll post a link for you mike.

awesome work bud!:beer:

ok, I lost the entire 45LV album due to a server change and no backups (whoops)

5,851 images in the gallery today

http://www.root45.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2106

I had backups of most of the images but I lost the album titles and comments. If anyone can help identify the albums and owners please let me know. I want to give credit where credit is due. I highly doubt I can identify who took most of the photos but I will add credit to every photo I can. I would also like to combine albums if I can. An example would be a crusier that may have been restored or painted needs to have both the before and after pics in the same album.

Please email me at treeroot at root45.com I need to clean out a few PMs before I can recieve PMs again

Thank you for the organizing those galleries for me. I made the
changes for both galleries. Feel free to upload images and size is
not an issue at the moment. You should have permissions for both the
65 and the "Dakota" album.

and......Thank you for the donation! It feels great to know the
website is making a difference.

lost the server again :frown:

been down since last Wednesday, admin doesn't have much hope for it as of tonight. I'll post up when she is back up...

the whole gallery?? that suckscan you send it off to get it restored? I'll chip in for cost on that
Jason

Treeroot,

Sorry to here that you lost the gallery, but if you don't mind me asking how? I work in IT and I have never really lost anything. Unless there was a catastrophic failure and the drive platters were damaged the data is still there. If it was set up as a RAID or a single disk the data should still be able to be recovered. I am sure that you and your IT guy have looked at recovering the data. I have almost unlimited resources, and I will offer any help you need.

Ryan.

Thank you for the offer. The server is down in Texas and the guy running it said he lost two drives. Something physically burned up/broke in both. He had it configured as RAID5. He is pretty sure we can recover the files. I think there were 9,000+ images. The problem is the database is gone so I may end up with 9,000 plus photos in a folder and I will have to recreate the gallery and sort them again. I used to keep everything local but it was so much easier maintaining one copy on the server itself. Logins, text, comments, file names, etc. is gone and will have to be redone. I asked for a current backup before it all went down because I have been through this once before and he wasn't able to get one for me. I offered to buy an external drive and ship it to him just so he can make a backup for me in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom