With the LC100 on vacation.. Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I went on a trip from Holland to Croatia, with a small detour to France. My cruiser is fully loaded with a rooftop tent, drawers, battery and luggage. The truck has stock suspension and AHC and was doing just fine until the first stop in France..

The 'low' button for the AHC never worked, and while i was doing a small stop decided to push the button a little harder. It worked! And when i was driving it went to 'N' again. But on the second stop in France the truck was on 'Low' when i arrived. It tried to push the truck up, it gives two blinks on the 'N' on the dashboard and drops back down to 'Low'. Note that the AHC hasnt been serviced yet, i got the truck for a few months now and i had bigger issues to tackle first.
I suspect too much pressure in the AHC system.

The truck has never been loaded with this amount of stuff, but it should be able to handle the weight.

As im doing a big roadtrip and i have like 3 weeks of driving ahead of me i would like to have some working AHC. Im driving on mountain roads and the Hundy drives like a lowered dump truck right now.
I do have a full drawer of tools with me like sockets and some powertools, but no Techstream or anything..

Is there anything i can try to get the system up and running with basic tools? Since my bed is on top of the truck right now i cannot drop the truck off at a local shop and leave it there for a few days. Maximum i can do is drive to some local shops and hope they got Techstream and adress the issue from there.

If anybody has something i can try, please reply :)

Thanks!

Picture of the loaded rig

20230801_204104.jpg

Immediate fix it might help if you tighten both torsion bars to partially relieve pressure on front portion of AHC system.
Looks like a heavy load (fun!) and rear springs will probably need to be upgraded to help relieve rear pressure and carry the load.

Reactions: GTV
Might help to crank on the torsion bars a little. I would also get rid of some of the weight and then see if it goes back up. Once you get it back in the neutral position then see if you can add the weight back without it going back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom