Wiper motor rebuild (worst one ever) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
I received this wiper motor in a crate of miscellaneous cruiser parts that were shipped over from California. At first glance I thought "ok, this is toast" and I was on my way to the scrap bin when I remembered that I don't scrap any cruiser part unless it is absolutely 100% totally useless (even then I keep it sometimes.) I have been impressed and inspired over & over again on this forum with peoples skills and determination to bring something back to life so I am going to give it a shot with this wiper motor. It may prove to be a waste of time but why not give it a shot.

Looks kind of like it was at the bottom of the lake and came up on a fishing line.

20200227_222306.jpg

20200227_222300.jpg

I wonder what the inside will look like....

20200227_222700.jpg

20200227_222705.jpg

Let's dig even deeper........:poop::poop::poop:

20200227_222851.jpg

FUGLY for sure. I will pull the rotor assembly out and possibly try a bath in an ultrasonic cleaner. Stay tuned.......

Maybe previous owner gave it a salt bath.

I know I hoard a bit re cruiser parts but I would have tossed it.

Looking forward to seeing it rebuilt and looking better :)

Maybe previous owner gave it a salt bath.

I know I hoard a bit re cruiser parts but I would have tossed it.

Looking forward to seeing it rebuilt and looking better :)
Well, it should look better no matter what because I don't think it could look any worse, but working again....only time will tell :wrench:

It’ll come back to life. I had a blower motor that looked almost identical to that and I was able to revive it and it’s worked flawlessly for a couple years now.

Well, it should look better no matter what because I don't think it could look any worse, but working again....only time will tell :wrench:
Awesome. I just picked up a 66 that I haven’t done anything with. This will come in handy (provided there are wiper motors in one of the boxes of parts).

Great info, thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom