window vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased an fj60 new in around 1984. the dealer at that time informed me that toyota has sent them 6 fj60s that were meant for export and all had rear heat delete, no air conditioning and all had window vents or window wings as some refer to them. my question is, has anyone seen this option? know any source for the parts or salvage doors equip with such? they were very handy and I always missed them on modern trucks. any info would be great, thank you.

Best post this in the 60 section and contact @beno , he can tell you if the parts are available in North America.

IIRC I have seen that option but am surprised the Cruisers would have made their way to the US if that is where they were as there would likely have been other restrictions.

I was told the the original destination of these trucks was to be the Middle East. somehow the deal fell through and dealers in the southeast usa were sent the units. my inquiry was to id countries that may have salvage doors equipped with the window wings. love to retrofit them to a project truck. I just figured many if not most third world countries received similar vehicles. I just thought most of them would have been diesel. as I mentioned in my first inquiry, the windows and lack of rear heat were the only thing I saw that were different. boy, wish I still had that one!!!

I was told the the original destination of these trucks was to be the Middle East. somehow the deal fell through and dealers in the southeast usa were sent the units. my inquiry was to id countries that may have salvage doors equipped with the window wings. love to retrofit them to a project truck. I just figured many if not most third world countries received similar vehicles. I just thought most of them would have been diesel. as I mentioned in my first inquiry, the windows and lack of rear heat were the only thing I saw that were different. boy, wish I still had that one!!!

A lot of the Middle East trucks were gas, so it’s possible I suppose.

I believe that this was an option for EU delivered vehicles, but not something standard. Finding one would probably be like finding the sliding rear cargo windows that were prevalent in AUS but really no where else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom