Wilma's Buildup thread - FJ45LV (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't been on MUD for a few years now. Too cool to go through this thread and see the progress. Wilma turned out great and I love the FJ35 front end. Nice work.

Thanks guys it seems she is a never ending project. a few years ago i asked myself what I would do when I finished her... I am still waiting for that day to come. besides the grill 'treatment' I got ahold of a fj25 radiator support which had the forward shroud and the cross bar that went above the mess in the front. I cleanedit up and made mounts for my front crossmemberand got that all installed nice OEM look to it.will snap pics when I get a chance in the sun.

I'd like to see what the cross member looks like. I have the mounts but not that piece. Was wondering about it. Post up that pic if you get a chance! Thanks.

if you are looking for pics of the front crossmember part of the frame. I have a bob firestein replacement crossmember that is made and setup forsaginaw ps. you can see pics of it on page 4 of this thread starting with post 76. but if you are looking for the bar attachment for hte radiator shroud support I will take some pics today

So i took some pics of the radiator frame and bar

image-599066485.jpg
image-599066485.jpg
image-1173755594.jpg
image-1698579380.jpg

I also had to swap in a new (used ) 4.10 rear 3rd yesterday in that my pinion bearing had given up the ghost . I took the oportunity to do a full rear end rebuilding and paint also got the rear wheels there yearly wire wheel and repaint

image-2407175604.jpg

I also recently added a rear traction. Bar
image-2407175604.jpg
image-1950319938.jpg
image-323108215.jpg
image-2123373351.jpg
image-2185345827.jpg

Thanks for posting those. I'm missing that fore/aft bar on the passenger side. Have the cross bar on the radiator. I also have these funny mounts on the fenders that are confusing me. will post up some pics.

Sad day hit a pot hole hard something snapped and wilma was unsteerable

Luckily she just turned right took out a couple of signs then hit a tree

The frame is pretty twisted and the body is off too not sure what my next step will be but she is pretty totaled
I walked away with bumps and bruises but ok leg was x rayed but just some deep bone bruises
Tofally bummed

image-2006078326.jpg

image-3984208151.jpg

image-4012597850.jpg

image-2006078326.jpg

:frown: Damn, couldn't hit something soft like a chevy or a jeep. :lol: Really glad you didn't have the girls and no one got hurt.

Be real interested what went wrong, be a good learning experience for all of us.

Wow. That completely stinks man. Luckily no one was really hurt bad though. A few really nice Cruisers going this way lately.

Oh man. Sorry to see this.
Was just talking about your truck and hard work to a friend and dug up the thread to share.

Glad you were not seriously hurt. Best of luck.
Will definitely be inspecting my steering issues sooner rather than later now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom