Wilma's Buildup thread - FJ45LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very glad you weren't hurt badly. Stuff is stuff. Replaceable... hope your body heals quickly!

Thanks guys. Treeroot I may be in need of a frame.....
so whorl wind week Wilma is on her way to cruiser solutions in NH. where he will appraise her and work with my Ins adjustor, my goal is to fix her and get her back on the road. will see, that is my goal anyway. my body is doing fine some short term memory loss, or I now have an excuse for not remembering what the :princess: says.

learning way more than I ever thought I would need to know about how insurance works. if I can pass on key points of my new found knowledge before I forget it :), it would be; make sure you have a high medical payout, your regular health ins does not cover you in an accident, and if you have restored your cruiser get it appraised. That is the reason why Wilma is going to cruiser solutions, mine was not appraised so this seems to be the best way to get a correct market value for her.

I will find out in the next few days what the course of action will be. they are apparently going to document the progress experience on their site http://cruisersolutions.com/
Ideally they could pull out the frame and get her road worthy and I can work on the body work at home but we'll see.

as far as cause either the passenger side engine mount gave out and the engine slid over into the steering shaft or something in the box locked up I don't know another set of eyes on things might have a better idea.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Good luck with the insurance, I am sure you will get it all sorted out and get that LV back on the road. Glad to hear there were no major injuries.

ok news
Insurance company is willing to pay half of what it would take to fix it which is 5k minus deductible and other expenses, or they will total it. at this point I can't afford to be without a car any longer and I definitely don't have the skill to do what it takes to get her even back to where she was. not only is the frame tweaked but most of the body mount ripped off and the body trapizoided as well. is she fixable? sure with a larger budget and time. so that brings up whether anyone else out there is willing and able to take her on. My insurance company is not paying out a whole lot so if total her and I buy her back in order to cover the buy back and all the other costs I would need to sell her for 4-5k if i just take the repair money and sell her as a repairable cruiser I would need 5-7k to make if financially work. oh and I need to make up my mind by tomorrow morning. so if anyone wants to buy her from me for parts 4-5k and she is yours if you want to buy her with title and be able to restore her and get full coverage price would be 5-7k
I am in the market for an 80 with lockers so a partial trade could be worked out I guess. not how I thought this was going to go but it is what it is
Jason

Last edited:
I am SO sorry to see this happen to you and your truck. You put so much of your blood sweat and tears into the project.... this really sucks. I wish you could see a path to getting this truck back on the road for you.

Last edited:
Well my chapter in wilma s life is coming to a close she is set to head to a new home and restoration

She will be in good hands

I really hope it worked out somewhat ok for you. My curiosity is up, did someone buy it for parts or as a driver?

It is with mixed emotions that I have decided to pass Wilma on to the next owner - 1965 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

She is an amazing truck and needs to live on. I had Applewood Auto Body pull the frame straight but there is still some work that needs to be done.

This rig has been off the radar for a while.

What has this rig been doing the past few years?

I am assuming by the eBay ad that Treeroot is the current owner but is selling?

Tell us more please

This rig has been off the radar for a while.

What has this rig been doing the past few years?

I am assuming by the eBay ad that Treeroot is the current owner but is selling?

Tell us more please

I am the current owner. Jason sold me the rig instead of seeing it scrapped by the insurance company. I shipped her to Colorado and had a company near me pull the frame straight. The body pulled back into shape with the exception of the crease on the A-pillar (passenger side). The next steps are to weld the motor mounts back in place and repair the exhaust. I removed the bumper and winch as they were damaged in the accident. I hope someone who knows the value and rarity of these cruisers can pick up where I left off and get her back on the road. She is an awesome truck and deserves to be driven. Jason put a lot of work into this truck.

Thanks for update and thanks to you for saving it and moving it along. I have the same passion for saving Cruisers.
You were a big motivator for me when I got the LV bug. Seeing pictures of your LV hoard and your website helped fuel my search for the wagons. So far, I have saved 4.

Can't wait to see the next chapter of that LV unfold.

Make me an offer! The second auction on eBay resulted in another bidder that never materialized. It looks like the first bidder got cold feet and, instead of retracting his/her bid, they created a fake account and placed the winning bid. Has anyone had any luck with Bringatrailer?

That is frustraiting. I have never tried to sell a car on ebay before and after hearing your experiences I am not sure I would try.
It is a really cool 45. I hope it finds a good home. GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom