Wilma's Buildup thread - FJ45LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

its been awhille since I updated the thread well I have done alot of work to Wilma since I last updated the thread.

lets see where to begin sbc v8 in a world of issues sorted and a world to go. but she is running great and it actually has some giddy up to her. very pleased with the performanceof course this carb was sucking fuel faster than the old 2f so some how it was the last straw for the old fuel tank and all, not just here or there but both sides of the seem top and bottom started to leak and it pulled all the loose debree into the fuel system so I was changing filters a bunch so I ended up replacing everything in the fuel system went with 3/8" fuel line and fillings double filtered it and had a custom fuel cell built which I attached some pics of. it is about 24 gallons and I will install a 1/4" skid plate to the cage that holds it up.
fuel cell001080211.jpg
fuel cell002080211.JPG
fuel cell003080211.jpg

few more pics of the fuel cell.
fuel cell005080211.jpg
fuel cell006080211.JPG
fuel cell007080211.JPG

wow back to page 5. I guess I will update Wilmas status. well she is not single..

Fall Gathering was at the end of september so much done to get ready for it and so much needed to be done after it :) seemed my spindle bolts on both sides of the front axle had loosened :( so Wilma has had like 3 hub rebuilds in the last month while odd ball parts were replaced and buttoned up. it was pointed out that my carb has a vacuum leak at the throttle linkage bushings. so a new (rebuilt) rochester went in last week. noticeable difference can't wait to see how my milage does would love to break that elusive 10 mpg:D

I also put a new exhaust on using a flow master and 2.5" all the way back, nice sound and nice power.

also started the transformation to fj35, picked up an old T bird from fox removed my bezel and fabricated some 25 bars and then electroplated them got that all installed today and am happy with how it came out.

rue tine stuff on the v8 new plugs and wires changed out the valve covers and gaskets

Been getting killed by the clutch system seems I finally have it all sorted and understand what is working why its working and what is not working and why :( huge battle but progress.

and last started collecting the parts for a rear SOA ideas is to do a very low SOA like 5" to match the front SR and 4" lift springs which for some unknown reason have not sagged like my third set of Alcan rears springs has:mad:

anyway here are some pics of the last couple months
212011-09-302011.jpg
122011-09-302011.jpg
62011-09-302011.jpg

the first is the T-bird mounted. spent a couple days cleaning it up its decent

next two are of our soggy camp site at FG
12011-09-212011.jpg
22011-09-292011.jpg
32011-09-292011.jpg

first pic isof mt busted locking hob body. took a bit to figure this one out cause I am a bit slow :) the one on the right is the replacement check out how far the guts of the one on the left are pushed outward (or down into the body of the hub base as seen depicted here) this was causing the locking hub dials to snap and the bolts not he hub dials to back out,crazy scary!!

next pic is of the top of the exhaust pipe. anyone know a part number for this type of ram horns? what I need is the y pipe not the ram horns them selves

last is today of the bars installed jury is still out on the TOYOTA badge
42011-11-162011.jpg
52011-11-222011.jpg
82011-11-232011.jpg

last I changed out the valve covers and gaskets today and here is a shot of my shiny new carb :)
92011-11-232011.jpg
102011-11-232011.jpg

image-2013985897.jpg

Ok here it is without
image-2013985897.jpg

Been busy on the old girl
Switched to 4x4 labds frombe hysteer
Keep messin with the v8 put a mechanical fan on
Swappin in strait down dump rams horns manifolds
SOA the rear to level it out rides much nicer now a tad rear enx high but it will settle a bit and it is not loaded may ride with weights to level it
Still a bunch of little projects to work on but here she is today
image-824011785.jpg

Looks like a better ride attitude! :) All that extra height, better test Wilma out to be sure she keeps running at extreme angles and doesn't leak or something like that.........before the fall. :p

ha one of my many projects that I have collected parts for is for the fuel cell and doing a center tank top mounted pick up that has a 'T' on the bottom so as to eliminate high side fuel starvation:hillbilly:
while I have wired the dual batteries and their charging system I still need to figure out why the guage cluster lights died as well as the horn.
the rear is only 3"higher now but it is taking me awhile to get used to the added height

No 36's yet but did get the grill. Ars installed to finish off the fj35 look

image-143466804.jpg
image-143466804.jpg
image-632933757.jpg
image-812903925.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom