Will this wheel/tire combo fit on a 100 series without rubbing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The wheels are Tundra 18 x 9 with 18 mm offset and 33 x 12.5 x 18.

IMG_8402.jpeg

I'm not an expert but I think you'll have some slight rubbing that you could probably fix with spacers. Wheel well is big enough, but offset is probably an issue.

Can you shed some light? How did you know so fast?
That's a wide tire, almost 1.75 inches less offset than stock and a wider rim, I'd say those thing combined would make it tough to fit without mods?

That's a wide tire, almost 1.75 inches less offset than stock and a wider rim, I'd say those thing combined would make it tough to fit without mods?

Isn't it more offset? Stock is ET60. This is like running a 1.5" spacer with ET18. It's possible this fits without mods. That is a fat tire though.

Compared to stock:

comparison to stock.JPG

Compared to what I run (no rub):

comparison to rec.JPG

You'll probably at least rub on the pinch weld at 3/4 turn tbh

Last edited:
Isn't it more offset? Stock is ET60. This is like running a 1.5" spacer with ET18. It's possible this fits without mods. That is a fat tire though.

Compared to stock:

View attachment 3460019

View attachment 3460022

Ok that is a cool tire fitment calculator @YotaWagon. What website is it? I get so confused with offset when looking at tires.

@Newportfreak I think I saw the same set on FB so we must be in the same area lol. Was tempted, but my 285s are basically brand new still, so I can't justify it.

Compared to stock:

View attachment 3460019

View attachment 3460022

Well, technically 18 is less than 60, so I said less, but either way I think it's going to rub, probably the pinch weld and likely the fender at stuff .

I'm not an expert but I think you'll have some slight rubbing that you could probably fix with spacers. Wheel well is big enough, but offset is probably an issue.

You definitely are not an expert, spacers will make it worse.

Edit:
The only time spacers (more offset) are needed is if the tire rubs on the frame. There is no way this combo will come close to the frame.

Last edited:
Those wheels have almost 2" of extra offset compared to stock. That will make it harder to run large diameter tires - especially if they're wide. And it'll throw more road debris into your paint. And other cars behind you.

Spacers make fitment worse on the 100.

Spacers are good for getting that spread out bro-dozer kinda style, but that's bad for fitting large diameter tires.

You definitely are not an expert, spacers will make it worse.

Edit:
The only time spacers (more offset) are needed is if the tire rubs on the frame. There is no way this combo will come close to the frame.
Spacers can also help avoid contact with the upper A-arm at the ball joint. That's still not a good reason to run spacers, but it's a reason, haha.

Best offset for the 100 is 40mm. Everything else is a concession. :p

1697769362212.png

I’m on 20” Tundra rims with 305/55R20 KO2’s. That said… I have no pinch weld… at all. But also no lift, outside of a tiny torsion adjustment when I put new OE springs in the rear. Paired with a HC front bumper, I have no rubbing, anywhere. If I’m at full tilt to one side or the other, I do have a touch of rubbing on the inner fender.

Spacers can also help avoid contact with the upper A-arm at the ball joint. That's still not a good reason to run spacers, but it's a reason, haha.

Off topic but my experience tells me that the frame becomes a problem well before the UBJ. I'm running 35x11.50's on +44 offset and I still have loads of clearance there, enough that I'm confident a 35x12.50 would easily clear the UBJ. I imagine it would have to be some weirdo short/fat tire on stock offset wheels that would have that problem.

It's counter intuitive but there is actually more room inside the fenders than outside of them. High positive offset makes big tires easy to fit.

When lifted, you lose track width in the front. Right now, your front end is more narrow than the rear. So actually, best offset is +35mm in front, +40mm in the rear! 😜:lol:

Those wheels have almost 2" of extra offset compared to stock. That will make it harder to run large diameter tires - especially if they're wide. And it'll throw more road debris into your paint. And other cars behind you.

Spacers make fitment worse on the 100.

Spacers are good for getting that spread out bro-dozer kinda style, but that's bad for fitting large diameter tires.

View attachment 3460471
Where is 40 offset wheels are? Would be nice to have a list of options

When lifted, you lose track width in the front. Right now, your front end is more narrow than the rear. So actually, best offset is +35mm in front, +40mm in the rear! 😜:lol:

I wouldn't know about that. Factory height AHC ftw!
Where is 40 offset wheels are? Would be nice to have a list of options
Braid will make any offset you want.

I'm not aware of many others. Alpha had some, I believe.

Ah, looks a bit lifted in that pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom