Builds Wildyoats' 200 build - OME, Method Racing wheels, 305/65 18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple more shots....
5.jpg

7.jpg

I'm liking those methods more and more I must say. Hows that film holding out?

I'm liking those methods more and more I must say. Hows that film holding out?

Doing very well actually. It's been about 4 or 5k miles and no issues. Impressed with it.

Excellent work, as usual, Yoats.

What's next?

Excellent work, as usual, Yoats.

What's next?

Thank you.....Not quite sure actually. I "think" I am an okay resting place for it now until I can think of something else. I have this never-ending chopped 1952 Cadillac Couple Lead-Sled project that has been hanging over me for some years that I really need to focus on, lol

Thank you, folks! I appreciate it. It's amazing how much it has transformed the look. Why didn't I do this earlier? I can't help but to look back and stare at it every time I park it somewhere (as cheesy as that sounds). :hillbilly:

@vabluefish No, will be running just the stock spare WHEEL underneath and bought a 5th tire in a 275/70/18 to put on that rim. The 275/70 is roughly 33.2" versus my 33.6" on the 305's which based on my research is in the safe zone (well within the 3% allowable difference). Of course, if the new tires wear a little before my first flat (knock on wood), they may be just the same OD. I also wanted to keep the spare a bit narrower under there for the time being, a 305 might look a wee-bit low under the back (if it would even fit). It's not the perfect solution, but won't leave me stranded for the time being. One day if I decide on a rear bumper, i'll do the exact wheel/tire.

@cruiseroutfit Totally appreciate the care and work man, you guys hit it out of the park! :)

:beer:
The rig looks great. I just scored a Blaze Pearl 2013. My question is I want to put 285/65/18 on stock wheels "powder coat black". How does your LC drive highway / mountain passes gear ratio wise, speedo, power etc....?

The rig looks great. I just scored a Blaze Pearl 2013. My question is I want to put 285/65/18 on stock wheels "powder coat black". How does your LC drive highway / mountain passes gear ratio wise, speedo, power etc....?

Thank you! No complaints what so ever. Took it on a 2400 mile trip up into Canada and didn't feel it struggled at all. My whole goal with this one is to keep it as lightweight as able.

Been studying this thread quite a bit because I'd love to run 305s on my rig. I was unable to find a tire width that would make me happy on the stock wheels, so it looks like Method Racings and 305s are going to be the move I make tomorrow. Now for the big experiment - I'm going BFG KO2, we'll see if I get the same fortunate fitment as your Falkens.

Thanks for all the great photos of your build-up, really helpful for me in finding the direction for this truck.

I'd love to see a photo of the Caddy. I have a '51 Merc coupe project and a '60 Olds custom. Variety truly is...

SQRRL, we came down it on stock tires and wheels with no lift. Took it nice and slow in crawl mode and there were no issues. I just let the rig do it's thing! ;)

Been studying this thread quite a bit because I'd love to run 305s on my rig. I was unable to find a tire width that would make me happy on the stock wheels, so it looks like Method Racings and 305s are going to be the move I make tomorrow. Now for the big experiment - I'm going BFG KO2, we'll see if I get the same fortunate fitment as your Falkens.

Thanks for all the great photos of your build-up, really helpful for me in finding the direction for this truck.

I'd love to see a photo of the Caddy. I have a '51 Merc coupe project and a '60 Olds custom. Variety truly is...

Thanks Al Grain! Best of luck on your BFG's! Let us know!

Ah man, I am jealous of your 51 Merc....that's a dream car for me! I always watch them on Ebay and think maybe one day.

The 52 Caddy is quite the project. It's been a grip of work and to be honest, I lack patience. I go to so many car shows and it makes me just want to go and cruise one. At times I feel I should let a good friend (professional hot rodder - Randy Weaver) actually finish it. He was the one that made the cut on the chop for me. I did a 63 Caddy before this one, it was a fun cruiser. Sold it to a guy in Texas and I recently seen it on Ebay again. Many moons ago I had a 67 coupe deville vert which I regret selling.....I think about another vert too. Yeah, I just have car issues all around I guess! ;) Here's a pic of the Caddy as of a few weeks ago....
20160820_152852.jpg

Last edited:
Great build! How are the wildpeaks holding up? I'm between those the cooper at3 and KO2?

Great build! How are the wildpeaks holding up? I'm between those the cooper at3 and KO2?

No complaints what so ever. I think we're shooting around 5-6k miles on them now and I am still very much impressed with them. Best of luck.

Freekin' killer truck, and great mods. It's amazing how little changes make it "finished." I'm looking to do the same thing (I have 6k on the truck, gonna need to get to 30 like you did) and then do the *exact* same changes. Still contemplating whether the warranty is worth keeping. ;)

Curious why you decided to build your own light bar instead of ARBs front? I know it's $$$, but it's a sweet (thinking about the Summit).

Builds like yours are what happens when people ask me, "Why didn't you buy a GMC Yukon Denali, MCB GL, Range Rover, or Lexus LX?", and I go, "Because those trucks aren't Land Cruisers — except maybe the LX, but the front end looks like a Decepticon had too much design input"

And then I show them pictures of your truck. Nice work.

Freekin' killer truck, and great mods. It's amazing how little changes make it "finished." I'm looking to do the same thing (I have 6k on the truck, gonna need to get to 30 like you did) and then do the *exact* same changes. Still contemplating whether the warranty is worth keeping. ;)

Curious why you decided to build your own light bar instead of ARBs front? I know it's $$$, but it's a sweet (thinking about the Summit).

Builds like yours are what happens when people ask me, "Why didn't you buy a GMC Yukon Denali, MCB GL, Range Rover, or Lexus LX?", and I go, "Because those trucks aren't Land Cruisers — except maybe the LX, but the front end looks like a Decepticon had too much design input"

And then I show them pictures of your truck. Nice work.

Hey thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

An ARB or TJM (I like the aesthetics of the tjm a little more) front bumper may be in the future one day. For the time being, I don't have a need. The lightbar vs the bumper are not comparable by any means as the light bar was just an idea I had to carry a couple lights for the time being. My wife is driving the 200 currently as her daily (that wasn't the original plan but I am having separation anxiety at the mere thought of selling my 80 series, lol). Having all the lovely horsepower of this robust V8 has left me wanting to keep the rig lightweight and sporty (for a cruiser lol:rolleyes:). A TJM aluminum bumper might be the best of both worlds, just wish it came in black. I guess you could say the theme of this truck is maybe a little more "sporty" versus a expedition land tank. Nothing wrong with either, just went this route (for now) based on the need. :beer:

I am in love with this truck. Love the unique touches you have done! Anyone here know if someone is making the reflector replacement pieces. I have been dying to make those reverse lights as you have done this is the first time i am seeing someone execute them properly. Also, whats the model number of the cube lights you purchased.

Awesome thread. Great build, man! Best of luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom