Builds Wildyoats' 200 build - OME, Method Racing wheels, 305/65 18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, it's been a tick over a month now and my wife and I just returned from a 2400 mile road trip to Banff, Alberta in the 200. Just wanted to update on the tires as some may (or may not) be curious. All is well and they are behaving rather nicely. Still very quiet down the road and we had a chance to test them in some highway rain over the week in Canada, they handled very nicely. Wheels and tire combo handled nice and true during 90 mph sections on our trip.

Not really "mods" per se, but here's a few of the Land Cruiser shots from our trip: View attachment 1277245 View attachment 1277247 View attachment 1277248 View attachment 1277249
Is the front grille wrapped or painted black? I love the look of that.

Is the front grille wrapped or painted black? I love the look of that.

Thanks man. I actually took it apart (relatively easy), and just wrapped the surrounding trim in gloss black. I felt it was a nice compromise.

Sorry I missed you when you stopped by for the fridge but thanks. Great pics! :cool:

Few little updates..... Added a 40" LED light bar to the factory roof rack after fabricating some brackets, thread is here.

20160620_211428.jpg

Spent this morning finishing some electrical work. Added a BlueSea fuse block and circuit breaker (made a little shelf for them out of aluminum). Ran wire back to an auxiliary 12V outlet I added for the fridge (mounted under the 120V plug).

20160626_141549.jpg

I have a Amazon Prime problem. :hillbilly: This nice little FACTOR 55 lightweight hitch-mount recovery point showed up yesterday.

20160626_143518.jpg

Finished up a little project I had going for mounting a couple LED reverse light pods in the factory bumper reflector area yesterday.

I made an outline of the shape of the factory reflector lens and transferred that on to some stainless sheet metal. I made sure the led cube lights would fit in the existing hole without major trimming, and they did:
20160528_154844.jpg

20160528_161141.jpg

Added some small flush mount led lights below the LED pods to act as marker lights (wired to taillights)
20160528_174139.jpg

Back side mounting (version two)...
20160627_215623.jpg

More excellent work, Yoats.

Lookin good. I'm impressed with your fab work.

Anytime you wanna come to Long Island and grab my cruiser, have at it. You have skills my friend, Very nicely done. Love those rear lights, great fabrication. You have talent.

Any plans to fab some more of those rear lights? I'm sure there's a few guys on here that would be interested in buying some. I'll be first in line and have $$$ ready! Great work!

Anytime you wanna come to Long Island and grab my cruiser, have at it. You have skills my friend, Very nicely done. Love those rear lights, great fabrication. You have talent.

Awe, thanks man! Next time I am back in NYC visiting my family I'll hit ya up! ;)

Any plans to fab some more of those rear lights? I'm sure there's a few guys on here that would be interested in buying some. I'll be first in line and have $$$ ready! Great work!

Thank you also. No plans, there were a little bit of bugger to make (like a tv show, not as "easy" appearing online, lol)

This is one of the best 200's i have ever seen! Seriously brilliant. Also congrats on the Red Porsche, is it a 997 gt3? Either way i love the line up!

This is one of the best 200's i have ever seen! Seriously brilliant. Also congrats on the Red Porsche, is it a 997 gt3? Either way i love the line up!

Very nice of you, thank you! I wish the P-car was a GT3!! It's merely a 07 Targa 4S (45k miles). It's been a great car. One of my close friends just put a deposit on a Guards Red GT3, can't wait to see it!

Quick update on my front light bar creation I finally finished. Had some house projects get in the way of the Cruiser!

Anyway, I mentioned this in the "what did you do today" thread, but I came across these bad-boy's on Chassis Unlimited's website. They are 1" thick and made for a clevis (or D-ring). They have two versions, a "blank" unit (still comes with the larger d-ring hole, just not the other two holes), or a unit with the 2 holes for mounting. The holes are 2" apart. I bought a set of both and the pre-drilled units fit the 200 just fine. Best part, they are $24 each new for the pre-drilled, or $19 for the blanks. I ended up welding my lightbar creation to these.
20160713_212808.jpg

I also purchased some cool tabs & gussets from Chassis Unlimited. Love this place (first time I found them online).

20160730_162842.jpg

After the finish welding and cleaning up, I primed and then broke out the paint gun shooting it with some single stage gloss black I had laying around. I had some cheapy 10" HID lights laying around for a year or two so I mounted those up there for now. Not sure if I will keep those or go with the ARB LED rounds, or some trusty Hella EuroBeams. Lightbar is nice and solid. And just to reiterate, this is nothing more than a lightbar; I did not engineer it as anything else. It serves it's purpose well for now. :)

1.jpg

Took it up to a local canyon that overlooks a copper mine this evening for some better photos.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom