Who has squeaking SPC UCA's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nottajeep

Enemies of the State
SILVER Star
Threads
18 months in to these and they are sounding terrible all of a sudden?
First 18 months were relatively squeak free...
Any remedies? Really hate to go through the exercise to remove them.

Welcome to aftermarket. It's better when it's better and goes south quickly (without upkeep). Zirks on the frame side bushings?

Yes, I applied the grease 18 months ago with good silent success until recently.

No zirks... the ball joint is sealed and I believe the squeak just comes from the bushings

I would try the SiliKroil or see if Kroil has a product for that.

Penetrating-Lubricating Oils
That stuff looks like it's made for metal lubrication.
I need to grease poly bushings. SPC says this is common!
Use a moly grease 3-5% and plan to regrease the bushings every 2 years or so...

Not a happy camper for $600 UCA's

Tri-flow PTFE lubricant works great. I spray mine about every 6-9 months and no more squeak.
That looks like good stuff and I may try it. SPC was specific that moly needed to be applied to keep the bushings properly lubed.
Of Course, I don't think a spray moly exist...

Finally got around to removing the driver side SPC UCA at the bushing. (I did not remove sleeve from the bushings)
I needed grease between the bushing and the spc supplied washer as it was dry.
spcuca .JPG

This required me removing the camber bolts and getting another alignment:bang:

I did not remove the passenger side as it's not squeaking. I can't remember if I had a lot of grease on the outside of the bushings during original install. So this could be my install error or it could be a maintenance downfall with the SPC product.

I used a high moly grease left over from the head bolts when I did my 2F head job.

Finally got around to removing the driver side SPC UCA at the bushing. (I did not remove sleeve from the bushings)
View attachment 1227205

I did not remove the passenger side as it's not squeaking. I can't remember if I had a lot of grease on the outside of the bushings during original install. So this could be my install error or it could be a maintenance downfall with the SPC product.

I used a high moly grease left over from the head bolts when I did my 2F head job.
I marked my camber adjuster locations locations, reinstalled them in the same place and was fine.

I've got seven months on mine, no squeaks so far ...

View attachment 1227205

So mine UCA and screaming leak a Banshee.....it all developed in short order (after about 10k miles and maybe 2 years). So I will try and lube the washer area as you did. If I need to tear it apart to grease it, I'll go Nitro and get the zerks.....

So mine UCA and screaming leak a Banshee.....it all developed in short order (after about 10k miles and maybe 2 years). So I will try and lube the washer area as you did. If I need to tear it apart to grease it, I'll go Nitro and get the zerks.....
Mine turned out to be lower ball joint. Sorry for the confusion

2 years no squeaks

2 years no squeaks

Your turn is coming right up!

So I sprayed a half-dozen applications of WD-40 Dry-Lube PTFE and cycled suspension in between applications to work it in. It was the area indicated in post #11

IDK combatility with the SPC super special grease that washed out, but it works so far.

Firmly believe that how you lube them during set up and install makes the difference wether they will squeak early on or not.

I had Slee install them because I'm old and lazy. I'm sure they did it right, fingers crossed on the squeaks!

Yup, I have a squeaker on the driver side and it was a Slee install. I will try the PTFE lube that was posted earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom