White Knuckle Off Road MUD Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've had my WKOR sliders on my 100 since this past summer. They're probably the toughest thing in or on my truck (I mean, besides me, clearly... :rofl:), and they DEFINITELY saved me from an equal-or-likely-greater body shop bill the very first week I had them on. I will sing their praises to anyone who listens, so if anyone is on the fence - just buy em. Lil fiddly getting the anchor bolts on behind the AHC lines, etc., with everything squared up, but it works, and once they're there they are ON. 15* angle, no panel/ fill-in, DOM tubing, no powdercoat. Mine wear black rustoleum and if I manage to scrape it, just... shoot some more on.

Thanks for making a great product.

I've had my WKOR sliders on my 100 since this past summer. They're probably the toughest thing in or on my truck (I mean, besides me, clearly... :rofl:), and they DEFINITELY saved me from an equal-or-likely-greater body shop bill the very first week I had them on. I will sing their praises to anyone who listens, so if anyone is on the fence - just buy em. Lil fiddly getting the anchor bolts on behind the AHC lines, etc., with everything squared up, but it works, and once they're there they are ON. 15* angle, no panel/ fill-in, DOM tubing, no powdercoat. Mine wear black rustoleum and if I manage to scrape it, just... shoot some more on.

Thanks for making a great product.

I have the exact same set up as you, paint and all. Works great

I love my WKOR rock sliders, but my powdercoater did a terrible job and they are already starting to rust (only one year since they were installed). Any ideas on how to 'repair' them aside from removing them and blasting the powdercoat off and starting over then using rustoleum like @OffrdRN and @wrigh003 ? Anyone use Steel-it over powdercoat with any success?

406Camper

CM 2023.jpg

Before CM 2023.jpg

I am using Steel-It on all of my armor now. Not cheap, but you spray it out of a can, strong as hell, and can touch it up anytime. This is what we use for Trophy Truck chassis coating.

I am using Steel-It on all of my armor now. Not cheap, but you spray it out of a can, strong as hell, and can touch it up anytime. This is what we use for Trophy Truck chassis coating.
@Brav, did you use it over the powdercoat or did you have to strip the powdercoat off first? I am leaning toward steel-it as well.

@white-knuckleoffroad if we are planning to run Delta arms in the future on our 1997 80 series, should we order no front control arm drop bracket?

@white-knuckleoffroad if we are planning to run Delta arms in the future on our 1997 80 series, should we order no front control arm drop bracket?
If I'm not mistaken, the Delta radius arms replace the need for drop brackets. You should be good ordering for No Drop Brackets. Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, the Delta radius arms replace the need for drop brackets. You should be good ordering for No Drop Brackets. Thanks!
Agreed, thank you for the response!

Curious. I presume the no-drop bracket option will not fit the 80 with a drop bracket. However, is the other direction true? Meaning, will the drop bracket option fit the non-drop bracket 80? If so , why not cover all bases.

Curious. I presume the no-drop bracket option will not fit the 80 with a drop bracket. However, is the other direction true? Meaning, will the drop bracket option fit the non-drop bracket 80? If so , why not cover all bases.
That’s a fair point @white-knuckleoffroad thoughts?

There are drop brackets out there that work with the "No Drop Brackets" option such as Iron-Man and Eimkeith. I have Iron-Man drop brackets on my LX450 along with the "No Drop Brackets" slider option. The one we know that is only compatible with "Drop Brackets Installed" is ManAFre, unfortunately.

If ordered for drop brackets but have none, the sliders will fit. The one drawback is that we position the front mount toward the rear around 8" to clear everything but that will also allow the front of the slider to flex more when coming down on an obstacle.

Hope that helps. Thanks! John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom