Where Has Your 80 Taken You?: 80 Series Camping/Overland/Adventure Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove from Ohio to CO for mountain bike nationals this past summer. Stayed for an extra week for some exploring in CO and UT. Let a Jeep tag along too. Lol
E33E4862-ABC1-42BC-BFEF-AB07163AF4A3.jpeg
3DA4FE88-3284-4836-B3B7-B381550416E5.jpeg
300D6545-159D-47CE-A26E-428C9CC25C90.jpeg
30904937-5DFE-4D3D-9A33-7AD949D3C255.jpeg
6CC25F8D-6F2B-43CC-9501-123F7EEFE4D8.jpeg

Went to a woodsy spot close to home for some cabin fever alleviation and views of the Sequatchie Valley. Tried to get a picture like those of you in the Western US often share. Will improve the framing next time...

View attachment 2270035

Beautiful! Mind sharing the location. Looking to get out in the next few days

@chatt100 This is in what I would call "Prentice Cooper North". You can see it on Google Maps as a road labelled "Woodland Way" North of hwy 27 and South of hwy 127. You can access Woodland Way off of Big Fork Rd from the South or from the North off of 127.

Woodland Way is the main road through this area. It is mostly gravel and follows the ridgeline along the Western edge of this "PC North" area. There are pockets of private property that you'll see signed off and lots of small trails that head out into various areas of "PC North". I've explored many/most of the non-private trails in this area in the 80 and on a dual sport and there are some fun places to take your 80. It's a little tight overall and there are some very technical sections so I wouldn't recommend venturing far off of Woodland Way without recovery gear and/or a 2nd vehicle along with you. The photo I took is from a short (100 or so yards) side-road off of the West side of Woodland Way near the North end of Woodland Way. There are a few of these short side-roads that go to the bluff for views but this one is the largest, least technical road and has the best views.

The area has lots of trash from dumping, lots of beverage containers and other signs of partying, plenty of shotgun shells and casings from shooters, trails heading off in various directions etc. I'm new to the East TN region and don't know the deal on this area but it seems to see pretty heavy use, possibly from folks that live nearby. Everyone that I've met out there has been very nice but I would heed the private property signs and wheel respectfully.

@chatt100 This is in what I would call "Prentice Cooper North". You can see it on Google Maps as a road labelled "Woodland Way" North of hwy 27 and South of hwy 127. You can access Woodland Way off of Big Fork Rd from the South or from the North off of 127.

Woodland Way is the main road through this area. It is mostly gravel and follows the ridgeline along the Western edge of this "PC North" area. There are pockets of private property that you'll see signed off and lots of small trails that head out into various areas of "PC North". I've explored many/most of the non-private trails in this area in the 80 and on a dual sport and there are some fun places to take your 80. It's a little tight overall and there are some very technical sections so I wouldn't recommend venturing far off of Woodland Way without recovery gear and/or a 2nd vehicle along with you. The photo I took is from a short (100 or so yards) side-road off of the West side of Woodland Way near the North end of Woodland Way. There are a few of these short side-roads that go to the bluff for views but this one is the largest, least technical road and has the best views.

The area has lots of trash from dumping, lots of beverage containers and other signs of partying, plenty of shotgun shells and casings from shooters, trails heading off in various directions etc. I'm new to the East TN region and don't know the deal on this area but it seems to see pretty heavy use, possibly from folks that live nearby. Everyone that I've met out there has been very nice but I would heed the private property signs and wheel respectfully.

Awesome thanks, Ill try to check it out! I try to avoid areas that are tight with underbrush to avoid pin stripping so will probably try to stick to Woodland Way (diva I know...)

As beautiful as Tennessee is litter is a huge problem here and throughout the southeast. Areas that are easily accessible by vehicle are hit hardest.

Nice trailer. Those old trailblazers are pretty perfect.
yep they are cool. Just enough room to carry the gear, and room enough for me and my son. We bring a tent too. They were made next door to my old college in Abilene, Texas. Several members of our Arizona club have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom