Wheeling next weekend 4/8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will I be having to deal with a bunch of rocks tomorrw? I don't have sliders on this new cruiser yet and won't
play with rocks yet until I find a set for it..

Will I be having to deal with a bunch of rocks tomorrw? I don't have sliders on this new cruiser yet and won't
play with rocks yet until I find a set for it..
How should I put this. Yes there will be rocks. Some larger then others. We won't intentionally get you near the large ones. That being said the owner assumes responsibility for dents and damage.

Dents add character, chick's dig character. Character makes for good stories and pictures.

We would love to see you bring your rig out but understand if your not ready yet.

How should I put this. Yes there will be rocks. Some larger then others. We won't intentionally get you near the large ones. That being said the owner assumes responsibility for dents and damage.

Dents add character, chick's dig character. Character makes for good stories and pictures.

We would love to see you bring your rig out but understand if your not ready yet.

John- I heartily agree with Andy his commentary is right on. I'll be glad to ride with you tomorrow to minimize any damage to your truck. Of course there are no guarantees, we certainly will be cognizant of your truck's capabilities and advise accordingly. As the owner, ultimately it's your call, though.

John- I heartily agree with Andy his commentary is right on. I'll be glad to ride with you tomorrow to minimize any damage to your truck. Of course there are no guarantees, we certainly will be cognizant of your truck's capabilities and advise accordingly. As the owner, ultimately it's your call, though.

Ok sounds good. With you riding shotgun and my driving skills I am a ok for tomorrow moring!! LOL Hell you can try her out too!
Then you and I both will see what we bought.. Going right now to make sure the wireless remote for this winch has the proper battery in it and works if necessary.. Won't be for me though cause triple locked HJD81's don't get stuck!!
See you in the morning Gary..

Ok sounds good. With you riding shotgun and my driving skills I am a ok for tomorrow moring!! LOL Hell you can try her out too!
Then you and I both will see what we bought.. Going right now to make sure the wireless remote for this winch has the proper battery in it and works if necessary.. Won't be for me though cause triple locked HJD81's don't get stuck!!
See you in the morning Gary..
Good to meet you John, you and your rig were very brave at the front of the group and did great. Trial by fire for sure!

First and only real incedent during our day out, within the first ten minutes of trail time. Lost a mudflap and?
IMG_20170408_091319977.jpg
IMG_20170408_091340871.jpg

Good to see and meet everyone yesterday, Gary did a great job guiding us, we covered much of the east property, later dropped into the south end of the park, ran Tatas and out.
Seven trucks, and 14 people and one brave puppy dog.
IMG_20170408_121532879.jpg
IMG_20170408_115400357.jpg
IMG_20170408_154750403_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170408_105444990.jpg
IMG_20170408_121614154.jpg

Yeah very good day. A bit windy at times but no problems with that. More water at Rausch Creek than I have ever seen before- it was WET with water running everywhere! Lotsa jeeps in the park and we ran into more traffic yesterday than i have encountered for a long time. Guess the first real nice day of spring had a lot to do with that. Sure looks wide opn at rausch with no vegetation on the trees and bushes- that will probably have changed by the time we wheel there again.
As Pacer said, seven trucks and a good time. from our club Crusha wheeled the blue supercharged 80, Aaron in his diesel 62, Jody and Blair in their capable FJCruisers, and John Stumpo in the maiden wheeling voyage for his beautiful Japanese 80 series. Vince Farace rode in one of the FJ's while his Lexus in the shop and I rode with John and navigated. John, sorry about the mud flap and trim piece on your rear bumper! After that as far as i know there was no more damage. With us was a couple in a loooong Tacoma, and a capable jeep Rubicon with four passengers.

Started out of the staging area by going down L3 behind the old office, then down the trail to Jotters Way where John had his mishap and had to use his winch! It was extremely wet and slippery and the area below the step in that section of Jotters is getting deeper and deeper. Aaron found an alternate drive up Jotters to the far left of the rock face i never knew there was a trail there. Further down the trail a few trucks did one of the hillclimbs then we headed into trail C via the shortcut. From there we went up the pole line and down into the other side of the park. Ran trail 12 through the streambed, then did most of trail 10 where it was really wet. There was a group from the Harrisburg area cutting in a new trail at the bottom of trail 10 near Smoothie, looks like it was headed down toward the rock garden or maybe to the end of trail 23.

Up trail 10 to H then stopped for lunch at the entrance to trail 10. After eating we went through the deep water hole and then up the hillclimb on trail 12. While there Lynn from the office showed up and took a bunch of pictures of our rigs going through the water. From there it was back down to 11 and we did trail 14. from there we did 19 down at the bottom and it was wet and rocky. Then up the ravine at the south end of H. From there it was over and up trail 15, up H, then up the steep hillclimb to the main trail on top. From there we did tatas, then back through trail C to the staging area. A longer day than usual for me we didn't back to the staging area until almost 4PM.

Disappointed to find that the air compressor at the main office was out of order a lot of guys left the park with 20PSI in their tires. For what you pay for a day's trail ride they should have a backup compressor in my opinion.

Aaron distributed a new batch of club contact cards and we actually were able to hand a few out to other Toyota owners throughout the day.

Maybe someone did the ap thing on their phone or tablet and got an electronic route for what we did yesterday? All in all a great day clear skies and no breakage. Hopefully those who took pictures will post them up!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself and my company for the day. Wanted to take the truck and stretch it's legs a little after the new mods and I believe we ran the perfect mix of trails to do that. Still pissed I didnt make jotters way... another day... another day! Thanks to Gary and John for leading the way! Another great day on the trails with the Keystone Cruisers.

I wish I could of made it. Looks as if you had a great day.

The more I go with you guys l learn so much. I'd pay a mint just to know what Gary has forgot over the years. Aaron gave me a key piece of knowledge that I passed on to tom (in the taco land barge) and helped both of us out. Again, I can't say enough about this group and the the skills and knoldge that Gary, Arron, Greg, and Andy have passed on to me in the few times I've been out with you guys as a group. Couldn't ask for a better group of guys. And @joabmc I plan on following suit with your mods. Happy to see someone thinking outside the box and making something work that needs to be made as opposed to out of the box bolt ons.

What was Aaron's key piece of knowledge? The only thing's he's ever told me is "When in doubt, THROTTLE OUT!"
I want to know too. I always liked from Jamie on mythbusters. When in doubt, lubricate.

I want to know what my knowledge has been too. I just keep aiming for the big rocks.

@dci blair, did you guys figure out what happened to the Tacos battery? I remember him getting really airborne on the last hill climb before it died. It was the trail that really works the suspension. He was hung up with a front a rear tire in the air... he rocked it a few times and then really launched the truck. Thought possibly something could have happened there. Or the water crossing... he hit that pretty hard too.

@dci blair, did you guys figure out what happened to the Tacos battery? I remember him getting really airborne on the last hill climb before it died. It was the trail that really works the suspension. He was hung up with a front a rear tire in the air... he rocked it a few times and then really launched the truck. Thought possibly something could have happened there. Or the water crossing... he hit that pretty hard too.

Just a bunk battery. It was the original from 2011. I guess the jostleling probably sealed the deal.

Aaron put it in to basic muppet terms on how to "two foot" that had been told to me before, but really dumded it down so I could understand.

Andy and Greg had explained it before, but for whatever reason I couldn't put it together. I guess between andys rig just mowing over everything and Greg just putting it to the wood I had a hard time grasping the concept. Anyway between Aaron and @joabmc telling me to keep the rpm's steady I finally put it together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom