Wheeling next weekend 4/8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok the whole 2 foot driving thing. I've only ever read about it. I've never wheeled a auto and don't really want to. I can also tell you how to change a valve stem on the trail too.

Just a bunk battery. It was the original from 2011. I guess the jostleling probably sealed the deal.

Aaron put it in to basic muppet terms on how to "two foot" that had been told to me before, but really dumded it down so I could understand.

Andy and Greg had explained it before, but for whatever reason I couldn't put it together. I guess between andys rig just mowing over everything and Greg just putting it to the wood I had a hard time grasping the concept. Anyway between Aaron and @joabmc telling me to keep the rpm's steady I finally put it together.
Moments of clarity. We all get them.:)

The two foot tip was key. I've only been off road a few times before and that was in my old 40. When I went last month in my 80, that was the first time in an automatic and it helped a lot. The guy in the tan 40 told me, I'm horrible with names but can remember trucks!

Gotcha. He told me to put two feet on the gas pedal.

:)

Yeah very good day. A bit windy at times but no problems with that. More water at Rausch Creek than I have ever seen before- it was WET with water running everywhere! Lotsa jeeps in the park and we ran into more traffic yesterday than i have encountered for a long time. Guess the first real nice day of spring had a lot to do with that. Sure looks wide opn at rausch with no vegetation on the trees and bushes- that will probably have changed by the time we wheel there again.
As Pacer said, seven trucks and a good time. from our club Crusha wheeled the blue supercharged 80, Aaron in his diesel 62, Jody and Blair in their capable FJCruisers, and John Stumpo in the maiden wheeling voyage for his beautiful Japanese 80 series. Vince Farace rode in one of the FJ's while his Lexus in the shop and I rode with John and navigated. John, sorry about the mud flap and trim piece on your rear bumper! After that as far as i know there was no more damage. With us was a couple in a loooong Tacoma, and a capable jeep Rubicon with four passengers.

Started out of the staging area by going down L3 behind the old office, then down the trail to Jotters Way where John had his mishap and had to use his winch! It was extremely wet and slippery and the area below the step in that section of Jotters is getting deeper and deeper. Aaron found an alternate drive up Jotters to the far left of the rock face i never knew there was a trail there. Further down the trail a few trucks did one of the hillclimbs then we headed into trail C via the shortcut. From there we went up the pole line and down into the other side of the park. Ran trail 12 through the streambed, then did most of trail 10 where it was really wet. There was a group from the Harrisburg area cutting in a new trail at the bottom of trail 10 near Smoothie, looks like it was headed down toward the rock garden or maybe to the end of trail 23.

Up trail 10 to H then stopped for lunch at the entrance to trail 10. After eating we went through the deep water hole and then up the hillclimb on trail 12. While there Lynn from the office showed up and took a bunch of pictures of our rigs going through the water. From there it was back down to 11 and we did trail 14. from there we did 19 down at the bottom and it was wet and rocky. Then up the ravine at the south end of H. From there it was over and up trail 15, up H, then up the steep hillclimb to the main trail on top. From there we did tatas, then back through trail C to the staging area. A longer day than usual for me we didn't back to the staging area until almost 4PM.

Disappointed to find that the air compressor at the main office was out of order a lot of guys left the park with 20PSI in their tires. For what you pay for a day's trail ride they should have a backup compressor in my opinion.

Aaron distributed a new batch of club contact cards and we actually were able to hand a few out to other Toyota owners throughout the day.

Maybe someone did the ap thing on their phone or tablet and got an electronic route for what we did yesterday? All in all a great day clear skies and no breakage. Hopefully those who took pictures will post them up!
Solid writeup Gary, thank you for that!
Your mind seems to be working great, I don't care what they say :flipoff2:

Another fine day of wheeling, indeed! Last time out I was a passenger, and I wasn't sure if I was going to wheel the '96 this time, but just said :flipoff2: it and went for it. It is an 80, but feels so much different than my '93. The supercharger is partially responsible for this, I'm sure. With no sliders, I had to just stare longingly at the black trails...until next time. I was initially never going to wheel this in the woods, and had entertained selling it...oh well! Sliders on order, and going to put a Slee skid on it as well. I'm sure it will see more trail use in the future!

I didn't get too many pics due being the tail gunner, but I'll post them up tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom