What's your ground to fame height? SOA with 37s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.engusa.com
commemt on the distance between the ground and the bottom of your frame if you run SOA and 37's.

Also comment if have extended your wheel base and what axles you are using.

I'm at 23.5 with 39s, my goal is to use shorter shackles and 37s to get to 20-21".
I'm on stock 40 axles, flipped rear springs. ~93" wheelbase

21.5 inches ground to bottom of skid plate . I have a pretty flat belly . A little convex protrusion for the bottom of the t-case which drops it to 20 " in that area . 40 springs in the front , 60 rears flipped in the back . Wheelbase is 103 currently . 36" iroks on the front 37" boggers on the back .
IMG_1920.jpg

@too tall do you have a build thread on your 40? I believe I've seen your 40 in a few of pathmakers videos. Love it, in the process of building something similar but keeping it sprung under.

104" wheel base, frame height is right at 24" I am going to lower it 3" or so at some point.
Front axle is a flipped FJ60 front housing to make it driver side diff (Tacoma 3.4, 5 speed and tcase)
Rear is Tacoma

20150926_183133.jpg

21.5 inches ground to bottom of skid plate . I have a pretty flat belly . A little convex protrusion for the bottom of the t-case which drops it to 20 " in that area . 40 springs in the front , 60 rears flipped in the back . Wheelbase is 103 currently . 36" iroks on the front 37" boggers on the back .
View attachment 1391627
How did u get 103"? I thought flipped 60 springs gain 5" in back and flipped 40 fronts only gain 3"? That equals 98" right?

How did u get 103"? I thought flipped 60 springs gain 5" in back and flipped 40 fronts only gain 3"? That equals 98" right?
I pushed the rear springs back a bit to get a bit more WB when I doved the back years ago . I believe you are correct if all things remain in the stock location .

@too tall do you have a build thread on your 40? I believe I've seen your 40 in a few of pathmakers videos. Love it, in the process of building something similar but keeping it sprung under.
No build thread on this truck . Never really stopped to take tons of pictures . Recently installed a 3fe and redid the cage. I like the new one so far . The other one was pretty hammered . I tried to make it a bit more slippery in the trees . I have a few pics from over the years if there is anything in particular you'd like to see .

No build thread on this truck . Never really stopped to take tons of pictures . Recently installed a 3fe and redid the cage. I like the new one so far . The other one was pretty hammered . I tried to make it a bit more slippery in the trees . I have a few pics from over the years if there is anything in particular you'd like to see .
If you don't mind that would great. I'll pm you to not clutter this thread up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom