What's an '84 solid front axle worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been robbing parts from my uncle's Toyota junkyard. Took the power steering off an '84 for my FJ40 and just brought the front axle home so I can do the disc brake swap. A couple people asked me what I want for it when I'm done. I'm just taking the steering knuckles for the disc brakes, but I'll be left with the housing, inner axle shafts, and third member. Not sure what it's worth. Truck had 75k miles on it. I don't really have a use for the rest, but I know people want them.
IMG_20170403_174102_zpsdwbcgp34.jpg

without the knuckles? Hundred bucks? Those lockouts are worth 100 for the pair alone though.

without the knuckles? Hundred bucks? Those lockouts are worth 100 for the pair alone though.

The Aisin lockouts are worth $100? I have Selectros on my FJ40 now and several people have told me they are junk. I've never had a problem with them, but I will switch them out with the new disc brake knuckles. I just don't have any use for the rest of the axle housing right now and no place to store it, or I would probably just keep it.

The housing is only worth something to someone that currently has a bent one. It's not useful for a SAS project as you'll be taking too many parts off it.

You can part it out for some good money, housing is worth 200 bucks and 100 bucks for the hubs. Third members worth about 300 if it's in decent shape.

Speaking of parting it out, how much for the dust shields? :hillbilly: That's all mine is missing.

$300 for a third member?? I have TWO of them in my parts stash that I can't even GIVE away. They're probably gonna go in the scrap metal pile from the welding class soon. Nothing wrong with them.

You can part it out for some good money, housing is worth 200 bucks and 100 bucks for the hubs. Third members worth about 300 if it's in decent shape.

Speaking of parting it out, how much for the dust shields? :hillbilly: That's all mine is missing.

I'll probably be using those on my swap. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money. It was free to me. It would be nice to be able to pay for the axle rebuild kit, new bearings, rotors, calipers, etc with it though.

$300 for a third member?? I have TWO of them in my parts stash that I can't even GIVE away. They're probably gonna go in the scrap metal pile from the welding class soon. Nothing wrong with them.

I can't believe that! Out here in Tucson and Phoenix we sell them for about $200 to $300 a piece!

I'll probably be using those on my swap. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money. It was free to me. It would be nice to be able to pay for the axle rebuild kit, new bearings, rotors, calipers, etc with it though.

No worries op! Thanks anyway and good luck with your project!

I can't believe that! Out here in Tucson and Phoenix we sell them for about $200 to $300 a piece!

Jesus. Stock 3rds go for about 50-100 here. It's because up here, the rest of the truck rots away. Hey, Maybe I can ship some to you and we can make some $$. HahA

Jesus. Stock 3rds go for about 50-100 here. It's because up here, the rest of the truck rots away. Hey, Maybe I can ship some to you and we can make some $$. HahA

Haha not a bad idea! :hmm: Yeah out here the axles are so desirable you can ask anywhere from 500 to 750 for em and people will buy them in a day. Friends of mine have been able to part them out for anywhere from $1000 to $1600 if you got an 84 or 85! You gotta remember being out in the desert everybody has rock crawlers and will toss em under their Yotas or their samurais.

By the way do any of you fine gentleman have a front third member with 4.56 gears?

Do either of them have 4.56 gears?

No, both of them are 4.11s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom