Whatchu Workin' On? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's the lowdown on that 60? Looks like a nice stocker.
Ben is bringing it to the meeting tonight if you want to see it still in stock form. I believe the plan is to put a four cylinder Cummins diesel into it starting next week.

First bend on my tubing roller. Still need to burn in the welds before I push it to hard. Just tacked together until I could see that everything was going to work.
IMG_20170521_131130.jpg
IMG_20170521_131757.jpg

IMG_20170521_190613.jpg
IMG_20170521_190636.jpg
IMG_20170521_190859.jpg
Finished the welds - a few more pics. There's some slop & misalignment in the hinge so it's not laying quite flat when you push it this far. But not to bad. Don't expect to go to this kind of radius much.

Very cool. A bit hard to tell but looks like the that is .120" tubing. What are you making?

Very cool. A bit hard to tell but looks like the that is .120" tubing. What are you making?

I think it's 16ga. I have some ideas for the front porch posts & rails that need replacing. If that goes well, maybe driveway gates.

Those are Sweet Travis! You and your family are missed around here. Love seeing all the bike rides and beer adventures on FB. Thought you gave up on the ‘Cruiser. :)

Ha! No, still love the cruiser....and miss cruisin'.

The 100 should be ready for a triumphant CO return (whenever that actually happens :) ).

Or the triumphant return to the Maze so you can get your revenge on Montezuma's revenge.:lol:

Or the triumphant return to the Maze so you can get your revenge on Montezuma's revenge.:lol:
Still searching for a nice trailer.

But if it works out, I'm hoping for a trip where I'm not on sinus meds, the kids sleep through the night, and I don't take an inebriated lounge on cactus. :)

Just know that if you put those on, Discount Tire won't work on your truck. Maybe some of the other chains, but I know DT for sure - been there done that.

Not trying to play devils advocate here but i had zero problems with DT down in NM working on my old tacoma with spidertrax spacers on it. I told them about them in advance and they said no problem. I can imagine them not willing to take them off and put them back on but they didnt have an issue with leaving them alone as they rotated/balanced/replaced tires every so often. I've seen other people with similar experiences as yours so maybe its a shop by shop thing.

Not trying to play devils advocate here but i had zero problems with DT down in NM working on my old tacoma with spidertrax spacers on it. I told them about them in advance and they said no problem. I can imagine them not willing to take them off and put them back on but they didnt have an issue with leaving them alone as they rotated/balanced/replaced tires every so often. I've seen other people with similar experiences as yours so maybe its a shop by shop thing.

Huh ... the one on the N end of Colorado Springs would not install wheels over spacers when I got new tires - said it was corporate policy and wouldn't budge. However I have had them remove a wheel for a repair and re-install it.

Also had them refuse to put the two new tires I bought for my car on the front axle where I wanted them. That was the last time I bought tires from Discount Tires. Les Schwab has been treating me very well ... but I haven't had either of these situations come up with them yet.

Huh ... the one on the N end of Colorado Springs would not install wheels over spacers when I got new tires - said it was corporate policy and wouldn't budge. However I have had them remove a wheel for a repair and re-install it.

Also had them refuse to put the two new tires I bought for my car on the front axle where I wanted them. That was the last time I bought tires from Discount Tires. Les Schwab has been treating me very well ... but I haven't had either of these situations come up with them yet.

Yeah they are 100% hard nosed on not mounting a 35x12.50 on anything narrower than a 8" wheel, no waiver or anything and i checked all four local ones here in the springs. The only reason i use them is for the tire certs/warranty, I've used several over the years on expensive tires destroyed offroad and they've never batted an eye about it. That's crazy about them not mounting tires where YOU wanted them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom