What the deuce is this thing? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whackiest thread ever

I intend to check my timing soon, just to see if tightening the hidden screw effected engine timing.

i want a magic screw for my 60:crybaby:

LOL, really, you think in this day and age the government would require hidden magic mileage screws on all cars. :D

Almost wish I saw this before I started my V8 swap... almost :D
Pretty crazy though :confused: Would there be any long term negatives from this? How has this been overlooked for so long? I mean a lot of 3FE's are comming up on 20 years old :confused:

Awsome find though guys!

DANGER Will Robinson

This is a HUGE issue with 4Runners.

The diaphram in there will flex loose when the screw falls out, then breaks, and drips gas on the exhaust pipe or header.

Causes LOTS of engine fires in the SR5s :mad:

Seal that sucker in there, expensive to replace, dangerous to leave unrepaired.

It seems to blow the injector seals when it goes bad too. Mine are all leaking.

Who r u folks having do your injector conditioning ?

RC Engineering did mine.

Since no one wants to let this thread die here's my 2 cents. Mine gave up the ghost and on a 3FE it also leaks right on the exhaust after it puddles up on the cylinder head.

They are not expensive. My local auto parts store got mine for about $25. No screw it has a rivet.

As for the magic tool to change it, it's called a crows foot and it goes on your ratchet. No diassembly of your engine required. My metrics didn't go large enough so I used either a 13/16 or 7/8 I don't remember which. If you don't know what a crows foot is, it is the business end of an open end wrench with a square hole for your ratchet, you have to use an extension by the way.

I can't testify to the magic screw theory as nothing changed on mine from screw in to missing screw to leaking to new dampener. The only thing to change was the fuel leak was now fixed.

Tony

7/8 and I NEVER THOUGHT of a crows foot:cool:
Since no one wants to let this thread die here's my 2 cents. Mine gave up the ghost and on a 3FE it also leaks right on the exhaust after it puddles up on the cylinder head.

They are not expensive. My local auto parts store got mine for about $25. No screw it has a rivet.

As for the magic tool to change it, it's called a crows foot and it goes on your ratchet. No diassembly of your engine required. My metrics didn't go large enough so I used either a 13/16 or 7/8 I don't remember which. If you don't know what a crows foot is, it is the business end of an open end wrench with a square hole for your ratchet, you have to use an extension by the way.

I can't testify to the magic screw theory as nothing changed on mine from screw in to missing screw to leaking to new dampener. The only thing to change was the fuel leak was now fixed.

Tony

Dealer wants more than 125 for those, and lowest i could find was 89.

injectors in to Cruisin Performance now.

I think it 23 mm, cuz my 22 and 24 (harbor freight) wrenchs don't fit it !!!!!

Just pulled the top on mine and the screw is out and will not thread back in. I already have a new one on hand and it need a 22mm wrench. So I am off to buy a 22mm crows foot and hoping for the improvement that some others have seen by fixing this.

Cheers,
Dunbar

Magic Money screw

Cheapest I found it was 89, from Obrien/Kragen. Sealed completley now, not even a rivet. Had the injectors done by Cruzin Performance, and he replaced the seals on the ones i sent him for 16 each total + shipping. going together tommorow, now if i can figure out why the cowling is full of liquid gas, it should all be good....

SPOOK50 sorry for the belated reaction to this thread, however the part in question is as follow; "DAMPER ASSY, FUEL PRESSURE PULSATION" - Part No. 23270

Check out this link; ToyoDIY.com

johans-albums-my-pictures-picture5937-diag-z8ycr.png

:):)

Well I was really excited until I saw this. Looks like it's supposed to go in and out? Anyone smarter than I am with this stuff?

Not planning to jbweld it in if it's supposed to go in and out

I wouldn't JB Weld it in place. Just snug it down (don't overtighten it, just snug) and check it every couple weeks or so to make sure it's not backing out.

Johans, we already found out a long while back :D

My plastic cap was still on but the screw was backed all the way out. I tightened it two rotations and it seemed like it had some more left but I didn't want to over do it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom