What is the difference between Pertronix 91662 and 91662LS? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All I got from the company is that 91622LS is a Lobe Sensor version and doesn't use a magnet sleeve.

How do both work? Any difference in reliability? Thank you

I have had the 91622LS is a Lobe Sensor version installed for over 6 months now with regular driving , and NO issues to report except Normal

seems like they finally got it right ,:poof:

I was one one of the folks that had rotational wear in my breaker plate in thee metal form the original 2 piece kit they Learned from

note : Pertronix made me sever the wire 1/4" from the igniter so as not to be resold i guess ?

they called proof of destruction of a defective product not getting back in the food chain o_O

this was one HARD , MOTHER F'r of a problem to chase down , i only was inspecting the distributor for moisture infiltration and stumbled across it

but they made it right , replacement parts was express mailed over night to me At no charge ..... :)

DSCN9387.JPG
DSCN9388.JPG
DSCN9391.JPG

I 've got Pertronix (original igniter )and it is running good for 3+ years...

My problem was Unique to the 61180 Med. size cap Distributor im running , according to the Very helpful Pertronix phone TECH

in fact i bought the 61180 New from City Racer

i failed to mention earlier the Magnet Rotor original to the 2 part kit , was covered with metal filings , wish i had a photo to share of that !

My problem was Unique to the 61180 Med. size cap Distributor im running , according to the Very helpful Pertronix phone TECH
!

I'm running an earlier version of that.

Thank you all.

So the Lobe Sensor version comes with the round black object the slide onto the dizzy shaft? Does the other version has a similar part?

Why are there two versions?

the LS kit is a 1 piece kit only

just the igniter box itself

the LS kit is your only choice now i would think on a 61180 Med cap distributor ?

due to the rubbing issue i had on my 2 piece kit

maybe @brian can explain better then me ............:)

Thank you all.

So the Lobe Sensor version comes with the round black object the slide onto the dizzy shaft? Does the other version has a similar part?

Why are there two versions?

the LS kit is a 1 piece kit only

just the igniter box itself

the LS kit is your only choice now i would think on a 61180 Med cap distributor ?

due to the rubbing issue i had on my 2 piece kit

maybe @brian can explain better then me ............:)

I'm still trying to figure this out myself.
Going to reach out to their costumer service this week.

note : Pertronix made me sever the wire 1/4" from the igniter so as not to be resold i guess ?

they called proof of destruction of a defective product not getting back in the food chain o_O

this was one HARD , MOTHER F'r of a problem to chase down , i only was inspecting the distributor for moisture infiltration and stumbled across it

but they made it right , replacement parts was express mailed over night to me At no charge ..... :)

View attachment 1870633 View attachment 1870634 View attachment 1870635

so is the 1662ls kit the good kit or the defective one?
if it's the defective one, whats the part number of the replacement they sent?
i'm in talks with them now, just want to make sure of what they;re looking to send.

so is the 1662ls kit the good kit or the defective one?
if it's the defective one, whats the part number of the replacement they sent?
i'm in talks with them now, just want to make sure of what they;re looking to send.

u want the LS Kit for the 61180 Distributor

LS stands for " Lobe Sensor "

If u are going to or have allready bought a 61180 from @Racer65 for example , u will also need to update
to the the non-interference type USA-spec 19102- Rotor .

I Don't think Pertronix tech. line will know this fact ?

ok,

still ask the Pertonix Tech. line guy u want a LS kit

see what he says

i would absolutely also call Pertronix by land line phone old skool way , and NOT do it by email or other NON- LIVE call contact status method

this way u get a real world correct answer right away in minutes ..........

that's just my :

DSCN9587.JPG

u want the LS Kit for the 61180 Distributor

LS stands for " Lobe Sensor "

If u are going to or have allready bought a 61180 from @Racer65 for example , u will also need to update
to the the non-interference type USA-spec 19102- Rotor .

I Don't think Pertronix tech. line will know this fact ?

Thank you very very much.

I have a 61180 dizzy, with a 19102-61180 rotor link with image below). With this combo the best would be the LS version as I understood.

1910261180 Toyota ROTOR SUB-ASSY, DISTRIBUTOR Price: 25.87$, Weight: 0.038kg - PartSouq - Auto Parts Around the World

EDIT:

Actually your post here in the other thread makes everything clear.

3F dizzy rotor not available, any substitutes?

1910261180.jpg

1910261180-0.jpg

Thank you very very much.

I have a 61180 dizzy, with a 19102-61180 rotor link with image below). With this combo the best would be the LS version as I understood.

1910261180 Toyota ROTOR SUB-ASSY, DISTRIBUTOR Price: 25.87$, Weight: 0.038kg - PartSouq - Auto Parts Around the World

EDIT:

Actually your post here in the other thread makes everything clear.

3F dizzy rotor not available, any substitutes?

View attachment 1893623

View attachment 1893624

I believe the rotor to be used with the 19100-61180 is the 19102-45060 per city racers website? I called pertronix and they are still reccomending the regular 1662 for the distributor. I read about the LS version and called them and they said that either will work. I ended up cancelling and ordering the LS version as overall it seems a cleaner install. Can anyone confirm the 45060 rotor will work with the LS module in the #61180 distributor. I have several of these on order.

Noah

so I wanted to update this thread on the 19100-61180 distributor. I ordered the distributor, pertronix 1662LS version and 19102-45150 rotor that city racer states on their website needs to be used. I compared the rotors when the disty arrived and I see no difference in height between them? I see no logical reason why the rotor needs to be changed when using the pertronix unit? both rotors sit an inch from the housing when installed. Does anyone have any comments to the above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom