What is the advatages of the Power and second start buttons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I re did the wiring for the IBs dual battery monitor and while I was at it, refinished the shift console and armrest. I had to disconnect the POWER and SECOND START. But what are they and is there any advatages to using them and when I guess is what Im asking.

The "power" basically gives you the same shift as full throttle, all of the time, never use it.:meh: Second start does exactly what it says, locks out first gear, I use it all of the time on the trail.

Reactions: RFB
I leave the PWR (aka ECT) button on almost all of the time. It adjusts the shift points upward for better acceleration, not a big difference but noticeable.

I don't have the second start on my 94' but presume it would be handy to use especially in 4 low. When I'm in 4 low theres a pretty noticeable kick from 1st to 2nd that could be avoided with a 2nd gear start enabled.

One gives you head-snapping torque when you lightly touch the throttle, the other helps you not spin your tires when in a tight situation.

Oh, and they also get you 20% better gas mileage........

In reality, the PWR button makes the shift points a little higher on the RPM scale, so it feels like it has more POWER.

The 2nd button locks out first in the event you are in slick conditions and want to reduce wheelspin from take-off. Works best in low range.

Has nothing to do with gas mileage.

PWR means: "Shift Pattern Optimized for Power" (or 33" tires), but that's too much text for one little button.

PWR means: "Shift Pattern Optimized for Power" (or 33" tires), but that's too much text for one little button.
LOL thanks fellas its all put to good use, everything Im doing to her is for the most is up on the Toyota land cruiser site, if anyone is interested Plus Im giving away a glock holster and ammo nextt week.

Pretty much as others have stated. However I find the power button really helpful with the delayed shift points when pulling the Kimberley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom