What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (107 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are working a few things such as that starting in October. The materials pre-cut and ready to install would be easy for me to ship to the states. The guy, not so much as he is a little big for express mail.

Put me down for one. Just the cover... don't need a guy. Although could make use of one for a while if he could fabricate and paint my rig ;)

Put me down for one. Just the cover... don't need a guy. Although could make use of one for a while if he could fabricate and paint my rig ;)

Sure thing, feel free to send me a pm with your Info and I can get that taken care of for you. We have a shop here that we can restore for you, just drive her on down :steer:

@gator25 you take a look at the Wheel Skin product for your steering wheel. I used it on my 45 and it looks very similar to bellaire's except it is smooth vs grained.

I usually run the trash out with the Ranger, but with the top and doors off, Olive is way more fun. I hooked the handle to the pintle hitch and it worked great. Might have to build a cart though, those plastic wheels don't like the half mile ride!
20170711_192236.jpg

Finished the Hydrostripping, used 600# of glass beads and it went very smooth. The process leaves the parts covered with a fair amount of glass beads that fall off after they dry. No warping and the surface has a nice texture that holds the 2K primer very well. I washed two pieces this afternoon, wiped down with lacquer thinner and shot two coats of 2K primer. Excellent results. I have taken a lot of photos and will post when I start my build thread soon.

Since i didnt have a cable on my winch i stole the one off my old 12v warn and spooled it up in the alley. The neighbour sure was giving me the evil eye haha.

Then i did it all over again once i realized i spooled it the wrong way oy...

Since i didnt have a cable on my winch i stole the one off my old 12v warn and spooled it up in the alley. The neighbour sure was giving me the evil eye haha.

Then i did it all over again once i realized i spooled it the wrong way oy...
Whats the right way?

Installed the OME heavy duty springs shocks etc. went from 1 inch travel to over 4 at front axle. Plenty of room for new wheels and skins. 235/85/16. Bj looks all business now. Too bad the kid took a two handed hammer swing at a rear pin and hit sheet metal on corner. All rust and bondo so another rust repair before safety. Found donor lj wonder if compatable with bj corner?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Built a new kitchen box for the 45. I built the first one as a 'temporary ' solution for a toolbox lid to my bed box I built in '07. I needed some kind of lid for my spare parts before the great Canyonlands expedition that landed me the cover shot on the LC calendar.

Well I never came up with a lid for the toolbox, and I revarnished the kitchen box 3 times. This last winter's higher rainfall, (combined with lack of maintenance) allowed mold to grow in the old box.

So I built a new 'temporary' box. Life is what happens while you're making other plans.
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG

Built a new kitchen box for the 45. I built the first one as a 'temporary ' solution for a toolbox lid to my bed box I built in '07. I needed some kind of lid for my spare parts before the great Canyonlands expedition that landed me the cover shot on the LC calendar.

Well I never came up with a lid for the toolbox, and I revarnished the kitchen box 3 times. This last winter's higher rainfall, (combined with lack of maintenance) allowed mold to grow in the old box.

So I built a new 'temporary' box. Life is what happens while you're making other plans.View attachment 1495439View attachment 1495440
Is the calendar cover photo online anywhere? Was it taken in Canyonlands?

Started clearing out some space in the garage to work on my '76 FJ40. Tomorrow I'll be installing a new water pump, an oil cooler, a dented side cover, and an FJ60 distributor/coil/igniter. Getting things done to be ready for my drive up to Pagosa Springs on the weekend of July 22/23 for a hand-off of the briefcase (baton) to @Reznugget for the next leg of the FJ40 Cross Country Expedition. Not technical, but my stolen '93 4-Runner was recovered by the Albuquerque Police Department late this evening :)!

Is the calendar cover photo online anywhere? Was it taken in Canyonlands?

I don't know if it's online elsewhere. But here's one from my living room:
IMG_1526.JPG

I don't know if it's online elsewhere. But here's one from my living room:View attachment 1495947
Thanks for posting. That's Ekker Butte on the cover, it looks like you're headed NE in Big Water Canyon after dropping down the Flint Trail. I believe that's Panorama Point on the left, with Elaterite Butte (the one in the front in my photo, Ekker Butte is in the background) just out of the photo on the right of the cover photo.

Beautiful (and very remote) part of Utah. Reminds me of my last trip to The Maze District in 2006. This photo was taken from our campsite above the Golden Stairs on the road into the Dollhouse area. We drove our 2001 Silverado with Lance camper, and our youngest son drove my '93 4-Runner (the one that was stolen last Thursday and recovered last night).

Canyonlands.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom