What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will try and keep pics coming of the process

I pushed my 40 to the front of the garage, swept around it, and grabbed some beers.

While grabbing beer I saw my hammock on my fishing bag.

Tossed the hammock between 2 trees, tossed back a few beers, and played Dark Side of the Moon on the radio while I chilled in the sun.

:smokin::beer:

I pushed my 40 to the front of the garage, swept around it, and grabbed some beers.

While grabbing beer I saw my hammock on my fishing bag.

Tossed the hammock between 2 trees, tossed back a few beers, and played Dark Side of the Moon on the radio while I chilled in the sun.

:smokin::beer:

Sounds like a productive Sunday to me!

The Dark Side of the Moon is one I have both on CD and album (my album's at least 40 years old but still no scratches :)). I'll have to set up my Denon cassette recorder and record the album so I can listen to it in my '86 FJ60 when I finish my build - I've installed an older Pioneer radio/cassette in the dash, a new Pioneer amp under the front passenger seat (there's room now since I swapped over the '89 FJ62 donor vehicle's rear heater and console), and new Pioneer speakers in the front doors. This weekend I finished installing a pair of MB Quart speakers in the rear cargo area. So far I've tested the system with Queen's first (and IMHO best) album, Who's Next, and Eric Clapton at His Best.

Help my son with his cruiser ... he was working on attaching door straps (bungee cords) ... but... then he's under it

Isn't that always the way... you start one thing and then... let me just check .... and then the next thing lol

IMG_2129.JPG
IMG_2131.JPG

@swelltimes I am refurbing hardtop and other hardtop parts. I have to clean up the gutter-reseal, and then I will prime and topcoat the gutter, rest of top in great shape. Then clean up underside and install a Cruiser Corps headliner.
Cool, it's looking good. I ended up separating the rain gutter from the top, since mine need a bunch of rust removal / repair.

Good luck wrapping yours up!

So I am planning on using the topcoat you used to cover my leveling seam sealer on the gutter as my hardtop is generally in great shape. My question is what type of primer should I use over the sealer before I apply the topcoat?
I did not use any primer over the sealer. Not sure if this is the way to go , but it turned out nice.
Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

@sterling ok just checking, thanks bud! @JohnnyC love the pic, it is good to start them young on Landcruiser skills!! Lol

Took advantage of finally having a full, sunny day here in the PNW. Put my new half doors on and went for a drive.

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

I didn't like how easy it would be for someone to walk off with half doors so I picked up a few small collars that fit nicely beneath the hinge and still
clear the drip rail.

IMG_1815.JPG

Took advantage of finally having a full, sunny day here in the PNW. Put my new half doors on and went for a drive.

View attachment 1434439
View attachment 1434440

I didn't like how easy it would be for someone to walk off with half doors so I picked up a few small collars that fit nicely beneath the hinge and still
clear the drip rail.

View attachment 1434441

I have to see your rig some time! And connect with some mudders here in Portland metro area. Do you know of any meets coming up?

@Rustic76 Gorgeous rig and setup nicely!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom