What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

replaced the brake booster in my 72 this week. Last week picked up some new tires from a fellow mudder and painted the old rims

Bought Christmas gifts for it at the SOR sale...

LOL! No sheot...just dropped a bunch on that as well. All new weatherseals to keep the drafts out.

Getting up to speed on the installation of a Chevy Astro Van TBI conversion in my FJ40.
Every thing is from a donor vehicle except the O2 & knock sensors.
Fabed the TBI adapter last week, installed it today. Working with the wiring harness to locate components to avoid cutting any wires, so far its working.
Anyone know where the single gray wire I lablled Fuel pump prime/sense gets plugged onto. I pulled the parts last winter and my memory is not that good.

Thanks Al

Fuel pump died, removed it, checked it, bad seal, ordered new pump, waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully, have it installed by Friday.

Fixed wiring and insulator on distributor, installed fresh points.

Finally, got around to putting on diff breathers. Need shorter nipple on the rear though.

Discovered leaks on two new mounted 35s, getting those remounted. Need to find a new used 35" spare, fix tire carrier lug and latch.

Installed new chrome lugs on new painted (black) factory wheels. Looks sharp!

Get 'er running, fill 'er up, go wheeling on Saturday :steer: and flexin' the new springs for the first time! :D

Needs new starter, old one hanging in there for now...next week? :hmm:

Right now I just finished slappin some POR15 on my tube fender guards. I'll let them get tacky-dry so I can paint them GREEN :bounce:
DSC00838.JPG

Filled up with gas... $21 bucks...sweet.

Adjusted the idle.

Had two broken wheel studs pressed out and replaced. Reassembled front wheel. Drove it to get it smogged. Passed test after sitting in garage on jack stands for the past year. Yeah!

Other one is being driven daily due to Momma being out of town. Filled tank with $23. worth of fuel. Another yeah!

Drove it to work and on all my errands, including the Rising Sun meeting. Installed horns from an early 90's Camry. Removed and cleaned the ring that activates the horn in the center of the steering wheel. Installed windshield washer reservoir and pump (from a Mazda B-2000), had to move the bracket over 1/4". Ran it around to get quotes on installation of a new windshield. Installed new weatherstripping on passenger door. Trimmed the hardtop poles that slide down into the B-pillar. Broke the heads from 6 of the 22 bolts that attach the cap to the side panels of the top. While not work on my 40, I did help Jeff Z. weld the quarter panels on his 76.

40: Replaced leaking freeze plug; still looking for elusive tiny coolant leak that only leaks at highway speed.

FJC: Finished ARB front locker/compressor/switches install.

More last night... De-masked everything, installed trans hump, seats, heater, and tailgate

replaced [handmade] engine mounts, checked all fluid levels, changed oil seal in the front left axle, changed oil after 300 engine hours and rotated the tires. Now we're ready to cross the Andes again

Installed new Remflex intake/exhaust gasket.

Flushed the radiator, Installed the engine heater, Filled her up with fluids and mounted a temp gauge just to keep an eye on things....

repaced third member , after breakin it :p down here in az its good weather for playing cant wait to get out this weekend:bounce:

I'm new here so be gentle, I may not speak the mechanical lingo very well.

77 FJ40- Where to start? Installed New Rancho 5000 shocks, new tie-rod, new ball ends, new steering dampeners, new brakes all the way around with a rear disc brake conversion, new plugs, plug wires, distributor, cap and points. Bought this rig from a guy in Georgetown, Ky. who had pretty much trashed it. But for my first, I like what I have. Still have a lot more to do when money becomes available.:)

3 weeks ago I installed new BFG All Ts 33x12.50x15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom