What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I pulled a spare driveshaft and blower motor out of the back of mine to give to a buddy. The 40 will be parked until the new garage is built, hopefully March/April.

Hodag

Last week put in a new clutch, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, oil change, and had the brake booster rebuilt. Today, I am putting in a new clutch MC and slave cylinder, steel braided line and hard line. New tires on stock steelies coming soon!

Finished building it's home.
10-14-07_1417.jpg
12-07-08_1732.jpg

I pushed my removed transmission and transfercase underneath mine to keep from tripping over it in the shop. Maybe i'll get to pulling the motor in the next few weeks.

Sanded and painted the rearview mirror. The plastic was FRIED from the sun after 30 years....like a layer of thick powder all over it.

Stuffed a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator to see if I could get it to actually warm up on these short drives.

Busy Week For Me.

Reinstalled Transmission, Rockbox and transfer Case. Installed new ebake pads (OEM). Installed dual Optimas. Got the interior almost back together. And the best part...

I got to drive it. Wahoo. It has been way too long!

Still need to adjust shifter fork in the RB but that shouldn't be a problem.

:beer:

Last edited:
Stuffed a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator to see if I could get it to actually warm up on these short drives.

I do a lot of short drives too...I got the engine heater today so maybe that'll help out...Its not as cold here as where I lived in Maine (obviously) but If It helps the engine and keeps the kiddies warm going to school I'm happy....

Got the 70 series e-brake cable from AUS, and installed, also got the e-locker third primed, painted and test fitted in the JDM 70 Series FF rear axle. All I need is my new long spline chromoly axles from Poly Performance to arrive and order a new input pinion flange from Kurt.

IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg

Removed and replaced transmission and transfer case. Painless wiring install (still in work). Prepped for new gas tank and bedliner.

Replaced the faulty (brakeline fitting stripped out) 4 runner caliper on drivers side, then finished out the braided brakeline to front axle.

Tack welded bumper supports and receiver hitch to bumper, then pulled for "a more professional" weld to be done by my ironworker buddy.

Delivered front and rear "frankenstein" drivelines (amalgamated from FJ40 and FJ60 parts, double cardon, etc) to driveline shop for new u-joints and balancing.

Ordered unbelievably hard to find 11mm nuts for transfer case studs to driveline (Hope local toyota parts shop knows what they're looking for).

Demolished several Deschutes River Brewery Inversion India Pale Ales. :bounce: Ordered more! :bounce2:

40-Continued winter neglect, added some fuel stabilizer

60-Finished up the Spring over-got steering dialed. Installed permanent rear shocks, changed the oil and filter, time for rear diff oil change now that welding is complete. Drove about 500 miles on new SOA.:D

62-Changed the oil and filter, flushed power steering started working on dome light/door switch problem

80-Added brake fluid.

Brushed some snow off of it before getting into my Tacoma.

heater

I do a lot of short drives too...I got the engine heater today so maybe that'll help out...Its not as cold here as where I lived in Maine (obviously) but If It helps the engine and keeps the kiddies warm going to school I'm happy....

Yeah, block heater will be next....especially if I move anywhere colder. The diesel just doesn't warm up quick enough to even think about heating the cab.....of course, the drafts that blow around and THROUGH the doors doesn't help. :)

New tires, tried to install the beautiful rear heater (one of several I have) course the sob leaked, and so did all my other cores. Shat. Removed the rear heater leaking bastard and went back to daily driver status. Changed out the crappy rear windows scratched and with bad seals for some newer/nicer ones. Tried to think of things I have left to do. Not much now....

Made a pair of brackets and mounted my Tuffy console. In the process figured out that a large ball peen hammer and a large vise work fairly well as a metal brake.

Got it back on the road after a 15 month deployment to Iwaq. Changed the oil, Took it off Jack stands, pulled the plugs, cleaned them all up, replaced the battery, turned the engine over a few times to get the lube flowing, put the plugs back in and it started on the first try! No new leaks or rattles this far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom