What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well… I’m slowly tackling the install of the Mosley ‘magic’ motor. About 2-week behind where I thought I’d be at this point, but having a lot of fun!

This weekend’s projects were getting the Sniper re-installed, Installing and bleeding the new master clutch/slave cylinders (including new SS braided line), flushing the brake lines with new fluid and getting the new Vintage a/c evaporator installed on the front of the radiator

This week I hope to get the radiator and bib re-installed, re-install the battery tray & battery and finish wiring up the new alternator (by-passing the external voltage regulator).

Still need to finish wiring and adding freon to the a/c compressor (inside cabin install complete)

Starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel…

17737BB4-D1D0-4C4E-A2D9-F8A97806712A.jpeg

Great looking tyres @ENDO !
Make and size?

Hope you did enjoy the weekend with daughter!

I didn’t do much! I planned on fixing the rattle from the spare tire carrier but ran out of time.
But, I did have time to mount this cool license plate in honor of @ToyotaMatt because he supplies so many cool and needed parts and ideas to us 40 Series LandCriuser folks. He also has a pretty good website Vintageteqparts.com .

Note: this is a shout out not an advertisement!!!!

devo

65586E33-9C89-439F-8FD5-CC999CCD62DD.jpeg

Mebbee a little bit of an advertisement...

It's okay, Matt won't mind!

Nice. Where did you source the sliders from?
Thanks. I got those from Spector Off-Road (sor.com). A little spendy, but I had to get new windows because the previous owners grandson shot all the back windows out with a BB gun a long time ago.
This is how I found the 40 three years ago
1972 FJ40 Field.jpg

Man, I haven't posted in a while! At the beginning of March I finally got that new windshield. I don't have a picture, but ya'll know what a new windshield looks like LOL. They had some trouble getting it in at the local glass place, they broke 2 pieces of laminate when they were grinding on it before they had one finally fitted. What else, let's see... I did 2 car shows, but didn't win anything, but that's no worries, I'm not there to win. Ok, just about caught up. Last week it was going to rain on Wednesday, so I dutifully went out in the morning and grabbed my tarp off the ground to cover the 40. After I had thrown it over the top and was adjusting it around the bottom, I made the discovery of a copperhead rolled up in the tarp. So, now I am done with tarps on the ground. Luckily I had a 25% off Harbor Freight coupon, that coincidentally expired that same day. So, I left work early and ran up there and get the portable garage tarp thing. Over the weekend I got it built, and now my 40 is "Inside" for the first time ever :)

GarageBuilding.jpg

GarageBuilt.jpg

GarageOccupied.jpg

Man, I haven't posted in a while! At the beginning of March I finally got that new windshield. I don't have a picture, but ya'll know what a new windshield looks like LOL. They had some trouble getting it in at the local glass place, they broke 2 pieces of laminate when they were grinding on it before they had one finally fitted. What else, let's see... I did 2 car shows, but didn't win anything, but that's no worries, I'm not there to win. Ok, just about caught up. Last week it was going to rain on Wednesday, so I dutifully went out in the morning and grabbed my tarp off the ground to cover the 40. After I had thrown it over the top and was adjusting it around the bottom, I made the discovery of a copperhead rolled up in the tarp. So, now I am done with tarps on the ground. Luckily I had a 25% off Harbor Freight coupon, that coincidentally expired that same day. So, I left work early and ran up there and get the portable garage tarp thing. Over the weekend I got it built, and now my 40 is "Inside" for the first time ever :)

View attachment 3005212

View attachment 3005213

View attachment 3005214
we call those “parachutes” in KS (along with trampolines)…. you never quite know who’s yard it will end up after the thunderstorm blows thru…🤣

SO CLOSE!!! Little bit of rad work to be finished up and it will be time for to tune this 12HT 💨

Thought I would show off the new @stedi headlights!

But if polish work left on the fuel filter and intake pipe.

IG: @patinacruisers

879FF857-D6E6-4D6D-B6AA-B733054338E3.jpeg

0105430B-F80E-4F42-8F17-BBC2285F13FD.jpeg

View attachment 3005212

View attachment 3005213

View attachment 3005214
For what it’s worth, this “tent”. Has been thru 60mph winds and gusts without issues…. My first indoor storage as well….
971A5AC6-AA72-453F-95E7-17C5F8279E1E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom