What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I forgot to mention, the twelve foot ceiling is what makes this possible.

this has been my problem - I have 12ft ceilings in the garage but the door opens into the front half of the ceiling and there’s a stupid like...2ft wide beam right down the center. So, no hard too hoist for me 😡

20210329_190321-01.jpeg

I did the same to mine, I’m the 4th owner of my cruiser, but somehow when I looked into the box of parts I was given for the cruiser, there was the original, metal, dealer license plate holder!!! I painted the worn cooler back and installed it.

View attachment 2622768
It must be exhausting driving around with your tag obscured. Do you hold the cardboard there or do you have someone else do it?

Put some CCOT fenders on her 🤟 gotta line up the fender apron better, its sitting to high. Besides that I gotta drill some holes cause it doesn’t seem to have holes for my snail style horns.

Now to figure out what color yellow this is. Might just have to ask the P.O. :flush:
2A32C28F-8BDC-4DD9-A452-527B0608F1D4.jpeg
B852B3C1-9BE6-4148-9E28-B31C3FB502EA.jpeg

In my head im debating on getting CCOTs 5 stock wheels or powder-coating the current wheels to match the bezels off whitish color.
I know its more $$$ for original style but those dog dish caps are so appealing with the pewter gray.

What do you guys think?

Put some CCOT fenders on her 🤟 gotta line up the fender apron better, its sitting to high. Besides that I gotta drill some holes cause it doesn’t seem to have holes for my snail style horns.

Now to figure out what color yellow this is. Might just have to ask the P.O. :flush:
View attachment 2630486View attachment 2630485
In my head im debating on getting CCOTs 5 stock wheels or powder-coating the current wheels to match the bezels off whitish color.
I know its more $$$ for original style but those dog dish caps are so appealing with the pewter gray.

What do you guys think?
I think they sell tools that identify paint colors. You can also get a body shop to color match the paint for you I think.

also, dog dish caps make the truck look 10000% nicer than it actually is, although the wheels it has rn don’t look half bad either.

Well now... The Container Cruiser emerges after years of slumber. Parked in 2014.
20210329_092544.jpg

A spot of rust here and there but looking on the bright side, maybe Nolan will allow me to join his Patina Association. A "Breakdown", "Accident" and "Recovery" all in one.
20210329_093042.jpg

20210329_093026.jpg

But for those with a keen eye. The H engine had less than 10 000km on a fresh rebuild, and full OME suspension was fitted at the same time with disc brakes all round... The leaf springs still have their stickers attached. The 4 speed gearbox and tfer case are perfectly quiet and silky smooth.
20210329_092626.jpg

I've heard of 4 cruisers in a shed in the desert. Mechanicals are apparently wacked but no rust on the bodies and the doors, roofs etc were on the vehicles only from the factory to the farm and then hung from the shed rafters.

Now what do I do...

Just cruising down the Interstate this morning, even passed a few cars. Yep, I was just blowing the Georgia pollen off! :flipoff2:

IMG_8937.JPG

Once every other month I stretch it's legs, so too speak.

View attachment 2630486View attachment 2630485

What do you guys think?
Good wheels, just paint them flat grey. Get an OEM wheel for the spare. I'd do grey for the fenders, roof, and flares too.

What do you guys think?

Stock wheels for sure; you can get them from the Toyota dealer for about $100 a piece, I don't know what CCOT charges for them.

Changing my wheels (mis-matched). Bought the OEM and hubcaps (I actually have TWO set). As soon as the Mud Sloth is running, I'll get new tires mounted on the new rims.

Good wheels, just paint them flat grey. Get an OEM wheel for the spare. I'd do grey for the fenders, roof, and flares too.
That would be an interesting color combo 🧐

Stock wheels for sure; you can get them from the Toyota dealer for about $100 a piece, I don't know what CCOT charges for them.
I would still have to paint/powdercoat em gray which is kinda pricey after buying 5... ccot sells them 5 for $830 also pricey but comes powdercoated in the oem gray.

Bought a Ron Davis radiator to replace the, "who knows" radiator my dad installed. It was much wider so I need to cut out the extra metal he added and the weld it back together. I don't know why there were two "tabs" cut out of the mounting frame. I filled those back in as well. Here are the parts I cut out:
Dry fit
And installed

I didn't capture it here, but I have a slight lean to the right. Hopefully some washers will correct that. Welding and grinding is fun, I just haven't mastered keeping the metal cool enough so it won't warp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom