What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fabricated clamps to hold my aftermarket charcoal canister. I have dreams of fixing my oem one and didn’t want to bugger the existing clamps. 5” clamps from amazon.

508C686D-A25F-465F-99CC-301E24B1C461.jpeg

9F47A2F1-6FDF-4471-B04C-1DAE62514289.jpeg

410D4488-A699-473A-BC92-1A7F8BA0A3DB.jpeg

Explored my backyard. This was the first time I've been here since my first 40, circa 2003, with an SM420 swap, and no front driveshaft.

Here is the Los Angeles bound, Southwest Chief.

GEDC2154.JPG

Shared the road with just a couple of others in a pickup, who, thankfully, warned me of the cows ahead.
GEDC2136.JPG

GEDC2138.JPG

And, there were two in a modern Land Rover, who gave the 40 a big wave and peace sign. This place is absolutely unreal for being so close to home.
GEDC2144.JPG

Explored my backyard. This was the first time I've been here since my first 40, circa 2003, with an SM420 swap, and no front driveshaft.

Here is the Los Angeles bound, Southwest Chief.

View attachment 2464654
Quite a few years ago I happened to be headed north on I-25 towards Glorieta and decided to drive down to the tracks - got there in time to see the EB and WB together at the passing siding near Canoncito.

Quite a few years ago I happened to be headed north on I-25 towards Glorieta and decided to drive down to the tracks - got there in time to see the EB and WB together at the passing siding near Canoncito.

They wake me every night as they pass traveling both west and east through my town in KS... after 50+ yrs you would think I would be used to the train whistles by now...

I just wish I had that scenery in my backyard!!

Bought a new tool chest/workbench to wheel around my garage, I got tired of walking all over my garage looking for tools in 2 other chests. Now that all my automotive tools are consolidated into one box I figure it will be a lot easier to knock out some work.

Already put it to use tweaking some bolts on the 40.
20201012_195644.jpg

Bought a new tool chest/workbench to wheel around my garage, I got tired of walking all over my garage looking for tools in 2 other chests. Now that all my automotive tools are consolidated into one box I figure it will be a lot easier to knock out some work.

Already put it to use tweaking some bolts on the 40.
View attachment 2464861
Don't hate yourself the first time you gouge the maple top!
There is always a first time. FWIW a 12" chopsaw rides on top of my Kennedy roller.

Don't hate yourself the first time you gouge the maple top!
There is always a first time. FWIW a 12" chopsaw rides on top of my Kennedy roller.

I actually have a 3" butcher block top on another workbench that is used for heavy-duty work.
Here is last summer when I cleaned it up again. I buy stuff to use, not baby.

20190903_182337.jpg

They wake me every night as they pass traveling both west and east through my town in KS... after 50+ yrs you would think I would be used to the train whistles by now...

I bet you're glad you didn't live trackside in Winslow, AZ back in the 1920s - there were 26 steam powered passenger trains in each direction every day. No telling how many freight trains.

Someone just happened to use that spot for the photo, out of the 2,265-mile line, on the Wikipedia page.
But, serious, I've met folks from the BNSF mainline who have had their lives disrupted by the chaos of the biggest steel moving across the continent.

I bet you're glad you didn't live trackside in Winslow, AZ back in the 1920s - there were 26 steam powered passenger trains in each direction every day. No telling how many freight trains.

Seriously doubt the trains a hundred years ago were anywhere near as long. Occasionally travel the stretch of I-40 between Flagstaff and Winslow. Those trains are long.

Is there a reason the air pump is still connected? The rest of the system appears to be missing. :curious:

Well, I’ve owned it for about a week and just got it running. Rather than messing around with it to remove something I figured I’d get it started first. It’s not hurting anything being there and the new owner may want it down the road.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom