What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did a 250 mile shakedown on the Goat 2.0

Did not turn a wrench. Awesome upgrades

78575AFC-49AA-4BFD-BD4F-0AC1536B22FA.jpeg

61027696-5A0B-4924-A5A7-2EED874A8255.jpeg

82E04E78-E4C4-43D5-8083-6658721DFD18.jpeg

Where did you get the mirrors from? Also do they have metal mounts or plastic? Thanks
Just ordered these straight from my dealer, still available👍

Where did you get the mirrors from? Also do they have metal mounts or plastic? Thanks
I just saw this question from @Marn0, everything came from my local Toyota dealer, the passenger door arm is part number 87902-90301, the gasket is part number 87911-90300, and the metal mirror head is part number 87901-60011. Now that head isn't OEM to that arm, that would be the plastic head part number 87901-90303, so to make it work, I removed the metal retaining ring from the back of the mirror (three screws), and cut it with a dremel cut off wheel. Then I twisted it until it opened up enough to slip over the end of the mirror arm. I twisted it back, and then used some solder to repair the cut I had made. I then touched up the paint that was damaged during soldering with Duplicolor Stainless Steel SS100. Then I reattached the retaining ring to the mirror. It is a metal to metal friction fit between the ball end of the mirror arm, and the socket in the mirror. So far it seems very stable, but my 40 isn't running yet to verify. Hope that helps!

Ordered new hard (Roger & Rogers Toyota) and soft (City Racer) clutch lines, new Aisin brake master (cruiser outfitters), and speedo cable (Amazon)for my 40.
Installed the dual seal ebrake housing (Valley Hybrids) and got gear oil everywhere.

Clutch system dumped all it’s fluid out so I’m replacing all of it, installed clutch slave and master from Rockauto.

Went to re spool my winch cable which lead to me figuring I'd go ahead and paint it, which led to pulling it apart and cleaning and re greasing it. Then I had to paint the brush guard so it all looked even. This week's rabbit hole!
IMG_2813.JPG

Replaced the water pump, hoses, and radiator on my ‘67 that’s running a ‘73 F1.5 engine. Also swapped out the old metal fan with a 6 bladed plastic fan. This required the use of the aluminum spacer and #054-010C fan bolts
image.jpg
43D9A4A1-DE07-4886-BF35-87AAC4E1182E.jpeg

5F9E374E-8356-4A5F-8B1D-D64F1C7C6536.jpeg

119BAC10-2B4F-48AB-BD2A-1D608BD77A4D.jpeg

I like that fan mod in my 72 with same engine. seems easier on the motor and really moves some air compared to that orange metal one.

Slowly looking at my 73 FST. The right rear the two bolts that hold the rear bow strap were fine. The left side bolts were broken off when I bought it. I haven't touched them for years. These are floating nuts with no easy fix it strip out or start spinning. Bad picture from back in 2007.
0004.JPG

This is the right side much newer picture.
IMG_20200924_155033698.jpg

A few things on the back of this 40 are a mystery. Believe it's been off the road since late 1988 or early 1989. It had a hard top on it on it when I bought it in 1994. Can't figure why the two bolts snapped. After dreading tackling getting these bolts for a long time simply drilling about have way thru with a right hand bit use a slightly large left hand bit grabbed and removed the bolts.
IMG_20201012_161551480.jpg

To add to the mystery it has a replacement black tailgate. One rust spot on the right rear corner. No damage to the spare tire carrier or catch for spare on the sill. Cordless impact and all four bolts for the catch came out. The bottom outside bolts for the tailgate hinges were snapped off but all the others came out with no problem. May be some Bondo around the rust spot. Something happened this cruiser just can't figure out what. Thinking it could be a good candidate for a patina build except for the dash with a bunch of hole that have been drilled. When they added plug to control a winch.
IMG_20200923_121023440.jpg

They drilled this hole. :bang:
IMG_20200923_121002604.jpg

Slowly looking at my 73 FST. The right rear the two bolts that hold the rear bow strap were fine. The left side bolts were broken off when I bought it. I haven't touched them for years. These are floating nuts with no easy fix it strip out or start spinning. Bad picture from back in 2007. View attachment 2464001
This is the right side much newer picture. View attachment 2464006
A few things on the back of this 40 are a mystery. Believe it's been off the road since late 1988 or early 1989. It had a hard top on it on it when I bought it in 1994. Can't figure why the two bolts snapped. After dreading tackling getting these bolts for a long time simply drilling about have way thru with a right hand bit use a slightly large left hand bit grabbed and removed the bolts. View attachment 2464002
To add to the mystery it has a replacement black tailgate. One rust spot on the right rear corner. No damage to the spare tire carrier or catch for spare on the sill. Cordless impact and all four bolts for the catch came out. The bottom outside bolts for the tailgate hinges were snapped off but all the others came out with no problem. May be some Bondo around the rust spot. Something happened this cruiser just can't figure out what. Thinking it could be a good candidate for a patina build except for the dash with a bunch of hole that have been drilled. When they added plug to control a winch.View attachment 2464058
They drilled this hole. :bang:
View attachment 2464059
That's some creative drilling right there...

That's some creative drilling right there...

It was a fluke where I happened to be in the right place at the right time and mentioned the words Land Cruiser to someone when someone who over heard me said Land Cruiser do you want another one. At the time had never even seen a soft top model that I can remember. Price he wanted couldn't pass up. I had no where to put and wife was upset to said the least. Had a hard top on it but did includes all the rare 73 parts plus bows and doors. Other one spot there is very little rust. Wiring and added holes are the other hand were out of control.
IMG_20200923_120956535.jpg
IMG_20200923_121055460.jpg
IMG_20200923_120947210.jpg

Wiring doesn't scare me. On the dash think it is to far gone to be restored. Have a few 78 cowls and a 73 dash that includes the glovebox. The dash is probably the biggest reason it won't be a patina build. I can not live with the dash.

Last edited:
It was a fluke where I happened to be in the right place at the right time and mentioned the words Land Cruiser to someone when someone who over heard me said Land Cruiser do you want another one. At the time had never even seen a soft top model that I can remember. Price he wanted couldn't pass up. I had no where to put and wife was upset to said the least. Had a hard top on it but did includes all the rare 73 parts plus bows and doors. Other one spot there is very little rust. Wiring and added holes are the other hand were out of control.
View attachment 2464306View attachment 2464333View attachment 2464332
Wiring doesn't scare me. On the dash think it is to far gone to be restored. Have a few 78 cowls and a 73 dash that includes the glovebox. The dash is probably the biggest it won't be a patina build. I can not live with the dash.
Is that pollux?

Is that pollux?

Yes that is the original color. Part of my mystery of what happened to the paint end is besides having a black tailgate with part of a sticker still there it has been repainted poorly where this no side of rust or damage.

0027.JPG
0012.JPG

Odometer shows a little over 8K miles so figure around fifteen years use before going off the road it has 108k miles on it. Currently have a 74 F engine but got the original engine which the seller said was tired so he put in a different engine. The picture of the wiring can see the oil filter which the only F wit it there was the 74 model.

I tried as hard as I could go get the truck driving. No luck.

The clutch system is acting as if it has Chrysler parts in it. The entire system is new Toyota parts but nothing. Nada. :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom