What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The rear hvac blower started making excessive noise on high speed during the last road trip to Dallas. We had the dog’s big bed in back and I suspected something off the bed got drawn into the fan…

CADDA63A-EB97-4688-A2F5-A8DF8317112B.jpeg

C11F608A-ABDC-4C75-8D4F-990ED76E7097.jpeg

3E2AEC1A-4491-4D8B-8302-E6FC4DF931C6.jpeg

The culprit, a couple leaves are enough to take it out of balance… good thing the rear side trim is easy to remove.

Changed out all 8 spark plugs after getting home from our trip out west. We had some issues with blowing coil packs on #1 on our trip but made it home after changing the coil twice and the plug on #1 the second time. I’m torn between embarrassed that I let these go this long and impressed I hadn’t had any issues until now. I’m pretty sure that these are the original plugs with 261k miles. Honestly even the #8 plug wasn’t that bad to change, total it took me 1.5 hours taking my time to do all of them
6027F271-3191-4C5A-9B7B-76E1B8B1121C.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a check engine light and was in Autozone so threw code box on it. Shows the below. Anyone run into this? The Autozone guy looked in catalog for what was listed and it wasn't even shown as a part for the truck.

20220709_191503.jpg

20220709_191509.jpg

What was the process for removal? Any filters?

This is a ‘15…

No proper filter, but in the first pic… the trim is face down, looking at the louvers, on the right is a piece of foam that covers fan cage(presumably to keep anything from directly entering the cage). To the left is a hard plastic guide(presumably to prevent drawing air right off the floor).

Removal: trim tool, Phillips head, 10mm, 14mm.
Rear floor trim(covers tailgate gap): trim clips only, removes straight up.
Under rear floor trim is one “push pin” clip for side trim.
Rear door sill trim: pry circular cover, remove Phillips head, trim clips, remove straight up.
Twist and remove T hook on side trim, Phillips behind.
Cover behind 3rd row release handle, 10mm behind.
Pry 2nd row seatbelt anchor trim, remove anchor bolt 14mm.
Free rear side trim slightly, free 3rd row release handle cable, free wiring for 120v/rear temp sensor.
Remove side trim around 3rd row seatbelt

This is a ‘15…

No proper filter, but in the first pic… the trim is face down, looking at the louvers, on the right is a piece of foam that covers fan cage(presumably to keep anything from directly entering the cage). To the left is a hard plastic guide(presumably to prevent drawing air right off the floor).

Removal: trim tool, Phillips head, 10mm, 14mm.
Rear floor trim(covers tailgate gap): trim clips only, removes straight up.
Under rear floor trim is one “push pin” clip for side trim.
Rear door sill trim: pry circular cover, remove Phillips head, trim clips, remove straight up.
Twist and remove T hook on side trim, Phillips behind.
Cover behind 3rd row release handle, 10mm behind.
Pry 2nd row seatbelt anchor trim, remove anchor bolt 14mm.
Free rear side trim slightly, free 3rd row release handle cable, free wiring for 120v/rear temp sensor.
Remove side trim around 3rd row seatbelt
Thanks

How do you like it so far?
I think I have it mostly set up. It’s a little buggy at times but so far I like it. Here is a thread on how it’s going.

I would check to make sure the gas cap is on tight before you do anything else.
Yep. First thing I checked. I've replaced the cap before as it lost the "click" it had when turned to the right. This cap is doing same but is tight.

Did the 90k service. Also baselined my newish to me LX: replaced gear oil in diffs and transfer case, changed transmission and brake fluids. Had the dealer do it so it gets tracked in the Lexus service records, and so I actually get it done !

Added my second BDH3 200 series cup holder. At first I listened to the warden and she wanted the factory closing top to still work so I first had the inserts. I love this new set up. Can fit two 32oz nalgenes with the inserts removed. Or with inserts out you can fit 20 oz yeti ramblers. If anyone wants the factory closing lid and the old BDH3 inserts I will ship free if you Venmo me shipping cost. Otherwise will just pitch them. Just DM me.
2FB4BA21-9B25-4DEC-9880-CEAC3865F77B.jpeg

I've thought about changing to that version as well. We originally got the one that closes because we thought that we'd use that feature but we simply don't and it doesn't hold the large Yeti cup very well either.

I've thought about changing to that version as well. We originally got the one that closes because we thought that we'd use that feature but we simply don't and it doesn't hold the large Yeti cup very well either.
Yeah I wish I went with this open double set up the first time. It is so much more functional. And doesn’t squeak all the time when a bottle is in it.

Finally got around to installing the Pedal Commander. Not sure what I was waiting for, its straight forward and simple to install. I haven't tried any settings, other than City +1 and it is so much more responsive now. I will have to read up on what the best settings are for geography, on road vs off, gas mileage, long trips, etc.
View attachment 3045250
City + 1 is perfect for my needs. Definitely worth the money

Are those tires 305?
LT 295/55 R20

The wheels and tires where already on the truck when I bought it, since truck had low miles (17K) at that time I left them on. Now that the truck has 25K miles I am going to replace them with 16s or 17s wheels and new tires. I prefer more tire and do not personally like these tires either.

Wheels_tires.jpg
wheels_tires3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom