What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doing my first oil change and I broke the Oil cartridge holder. Toyota wanted 126$ for new one. O'Riley had metal one for 36$ and I ordered that one. I pick it up today and hopefully finish my oil change. I also rotated tires. I still need to grease the axles will do that today as well. I do not understand why Toyota dealer had that cartridge holder on so tight. I had to use 3 foot breaker bar to take it off. The little ears are what broke off and one of them broke making a hole in cartridge holder.
I have 2016 LC purchased used coming off 2 year lease with only 14K miles. The dealer did all previous services. I like to do my own maintenance. I have 1997 T100 4x4 SR5 3.4L 5speed that I have maintained for last 120K miles. Only thing I ever let dealer do was timing belt and water pump.

@rscoleman, the threads need to be lubricated prior to installing the oil filter part. If jonny first day on the job was rushing and just slapped it back on without lubing the threads, it may not have been that tight, just bound up.
really odd why the tundras and cruisers have the plasic part and just about every other toyota gets a metal filter housing.
you may have to move the center piece from the plastic one to the metal housing.

The one I bought came with 3 center pieces pick the right size and install that one. Best part is still works with removal tool I purchased. I got the part at lunch time so in about 3 hours I will go finish up my work effort.

09478956-D9BF-40CE-BFE5-8D9D65468B41.jpeg
Got new tires

Definitely share feedback on performance 2-3k from now. Those were not on my list for replacement but definitely would consider.

Will do. I was gonna get BFGs but the side tread on the KO2s is a bit much for me.

Will do. I was gonna get BFGs but the side tread on the KO2s is a bit much for me.

Those side treads are actually useful when you air way down in soft stuff...

Doing my first oil change and I broke the Oil cartridge holder. Toyota wanted 126$ for new one. O'Riley had metal one for 36$ and I ordered that one.

Yikes. MSRP for that part is about $71. And the aluminum part from toyota lists for $35.

My guess is they put the plastic parts on the tundra and cruiser because they are further up in the chassis and protected by skid plates.

My guess is they put the plastic parts on the tundra and cruiser because they are further up in the chassis and protected by skid plates.

My guess is that Toyota uses the resin filter housing on the 5.7L motor in the Tundra/Land Cruiser/Sequoia/LX570 because of concern about possible similar/dissimilar metal compatibility issues between the metal housing and the mount on the engine.

For sure, Toyota didn't choose the resin housing because it's cheaper :rolleyes:

HTH

My guess is that Toyota uses the resin filter housing on the 5.7L motor in the Tundra/Land Cruiser/Sequoia/LX570 because of concern about possible similar/dissimilar metal compatibility issues between the metal housing and the mount on the engine.

For sure, Toyota didn't choose the resin housing because it's cheaper :rolleyes:

HTH
Agree.

654F630A-D3A2-4B00-AA2B-E11AECCAD887.jpeg
Did some redneck engineering to get RTT off.

Now I can play with my rack!

^Good time indeed!

Would be awesome if you had some high frame rate video of the suspension. Damn does it get absolutely flogged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom